Corrupted thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hit_Factor

This Uniden thread has something going on with it.

https://forums.radioreference.com/u...5-sds100-firmware-1-06-00m-public-beta-5.html

I can't view it using tapatalk, only with Chrome. When viewing in Chrome it indicates it has 6 pages, but only shows 5.

I've checked this out on a couple different computers and android devices - same results on all. I tried clearing the cache for Tapatalk, that did not help.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
This Uniden thread has something going on with it.

https://forums.radioreference.com/u...5-sds100-firmware-1-06-00m-public-beta-5.html

I can't view it using tapatalk, only with Chrome. When viewing in Chrome it indicates it has 6 pages, but only shows 5.

I've checked this out on a couple different computers and android devices - same results on all. I tried clearing the cache for Tapatalk, that did not help.
It is a known issue with Tapatalk. If a thread gets enough posts then Tapatalk wigs out and can't display the most recent posts. Try to pull up the Proscan thread in the scanner software forum on Tapatalk and you will see it also occurring there.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Hit_Factor

Thanks for looking at it so quickly. I pulled up the proscan thread as suggested and can see 3827 posts, the Uniden 1.06 thread is just blank. Something is different.

Chrome shows there are 6 pages but I just get 5. When I click on page 6 it takes me to 5.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for looking at it so quickly. I pulled up the proscan thread as suggested and can see 3827 posts, the Uniden 1.06 thread is just blank. Something is different.

Chrome shows there are 6 pages but I just get 5. When I click on page 6 it takes me to 5.
Did you pull it up in Tapatalk? I can't see the latest posts in the Proscan thread and instead have to open it in Chrome. This is on a Pixel XL. There are a few other threads that act like this in Tapatalk.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Hit_Factor

Yes, in Tapatalk on my S8.

I can't see any post in the uniden 1.06 thread.

In the proscan I can see all except the last 8 or so. It's a different manifestation.

Using chrome, both threads won't display the last page.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Yes, in Tapatalk on my S8.

I can't see any post in the uniden 1.06 thread.

In the proscan I can see all except the last 8 or so. It's a different manifestation.

Using chrome, both threads won't display the last page.
Well the one thing we can both agree on is that something funky is going on somewhere. Might be a temporary forums deal that hopefully will get fixed soon.
Happy Monitoring
Marshall KE4ZNR

Hit_Factor

Yep, maybe the next update. Tapatalk was recently updated, I had noted the problem prior to the update. At some point it will probably work well again.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
When viewing in Chrome it indicates it has 6 pages, but only shows 5.
There are approximately 25 posts in that thread that you can't see. Only forum moderators can see them. I suspect that the hidden posts is what's throwing off the page count when you view the thread.

K7MFC

WRAA720
There are several users whose avatar images are throwing ERR_RESPONSE_HEADERS_MULTIPLE_CONTENT_DISPOSITION errors in the console, could be related. I'm only seeing this on Chrome, not Firefox or IE.

Last edited:

K7MFC

WRAA720
Interesting. As some say, nothing is ever really deleted from the internet.

So true, and yet a surprising number of people don not grasp this. It works both ways too - several years ago there was someone running a bot that would crawl the RR forums and archive posts. If you were "in the know" you could send a request to an API endpoint with a few params and see the content that moderators had removed.

ipfd320

Banned
Ever Since Chrome rolled out their New Look and New Mail Bull Crap things are not viewing well---Im using 7/64 laptop with chrome--my downloads are all screwed up now--adobe flash sucks now even with the new player installed--i used to be able to view pdf now i have to download save and then i can view--but cant copy and paste the https due to it being labeled in my name files---as for the link i am seeing everything xcept for the page 6 which brings you back to page 5

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Well the one thing we can both agree on is that something funky is going on somewhere. Might be a temporary forums deal that hopefully will get fixed soon.
Happy Monitoring
Marshall KE4ZNR

Why fix it when we're rolling out new forums software?

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Any insights on when that might be?

I'd like to give everyone an idea but from what I've seen when vendors announce an expected date on the forums, I'll pass.

The forums switchover is basically ready but Lindsay still has work to do on the backend.

Status
Not open for further replies.