Posting Scanner Data Files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECPD279

Premium Subscriber
I don't know if this has been proposed yet. But because I'm lazy today I didn't bother searching so here goes.

How about an area within the site where users can upload scanner files in various forms to be shared with other users. As an example, I have files for TrunkStar780, Uniden E-Scanner, Win92, Win95, and GRE Scanner Data Manager (Pro-92) for my area. It would be great to be able to post things like that so people who are having a rough time with programming or people who will be visiting a given area can just load it up.

Just a thought.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
We can already do this....

Attach to this thread IN ZIP FORMAT the scanner programming file to be posted and include the following:

1. Description of the file (what the file covers).
2. What scanner it is for (Bearcat, Pro-96 etc).
3. State and County we should assign the file to.

We will then detach it from here, and post it accordingly.

I'll make this a sticky....

-Lb

mlevin

V-folder 5 for the pro96. This is for Maryland Dleware and Pennsylvania. This is not the original version, I've made it much more accurate.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Not to detract from this fine site, but let's face it, someone said it correctly; it would eat up a huge amount of disk space.

Anyway, you can store such data files on the various Yahoo groups. This is of course if there is one (or more than one) for your area. I've built a nice little list of these groups that range throughout the US and some Canadian ones as well, and use it quite frequently. You're more than welcome to it if you wish (Lindsay, that goes for you too, of course).

73s Mike

P.S. Come to think of it, MSN groups and I think Smartgroups (British based) also have a similar feature.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
ka3jjz said:
Not to detract from this fine site, but let's face it, someone said it correctly; it would eat up a huge amount of disk space.

I'll be the judge of that... :shock: :D

Based on the above posted file, it would take 1,250,000 of those exact same files to fill up the filesystem on this server.

Let's face it...Disk space is such a cheap commodity these days...

Keep the files coming guys....

jbstahr

Pro 96 File for Charlotte Metro

Here is a P.96 file covering the Charlotte Metro area to include the following: Char/Meck TRS, Union County, Gaston County, Iredell County, Cabarrus Countyas well as York County, SC. This is a work in progress. Any input/updates greatly appreciated.

RolnCode3

Sacramento Area

Here are a BC785 and a Pro96 file for the Sacramento Area, including City, County, and several of the other agencies inside the County. There are also several outside Counties that are listed.

NeWcS

How about its own section on the board. "Submitted Files" or something like that. So we can go to just that section for files?

-My 2 cents

-Jay

n3bxv

NeWcS said:
How about its own section on the board. "Submitted Files" or something like that. So we can go to just that section for files?

My humble suggestion -- How about a sticky in each state for Files? That way you don't have to sort through the whole world...

Chuck

Buckskinner33

Premium Subscriber
Under Radio Shack Forum

Im sorry that I didnt consault any moderators on this but I started a Thread for Radio Shack Data Files. Any file that would work in a SPG, .p93, p95 and p96 could be posted here.

I am only allowed 3 uploads per thread.

Please feel free to pull and modify as needed.

All files I have been pulled off of various Yahoo sites from members like FMON who are active members here.

I dont want credit for there work, I would like to see it used alot more.

It from people like you who make this site worth while.
Here is the link:

http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=15936

JD

mlevin

This is what I'm currently using for central MD. Original credit goes to NINN27, I just updated it and customized it for my needs.

cdenton

Pro 96 files

I have some for Michigan that I tried to attach ... turns out I don't know how to zip them. I have Windows XP Professional (I think it has zip because it unzips stuff automatically).
Can anyone give me a primer on how to save a .p96 file as a .zip?

Thanks!

Joseph11

Re: Pro 96 files

cdenton said:
I have some for Michigan that I tried to attach ... turns out I don't know how to zip them. I have Windows XP Professional (I think it has zip because it unzips stuff automatically).
Can anyone give me a primer on how to save a .p96 file as a .zip?

Thanks!

WinRAR.

cdenton

Zip

Ahhh - I have to buy it.
I checked out the site you provided. It looks like someone who zips a file can make it unzip for the person who gets it even if the receiver doesn't have the utility.
I'm not sure my files are good enough to be worth the twenty-nine bucks!

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
OK, lets try this.

I had the file in My Documents.

Right-click, send to compressed (zipped) folder.

Hit browse, add the zipped attachment, and there you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.