Uniden Rep at Hamvention

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I sent the following out to our Master Distributors, but I know that some dealers hang out here, so want to give all dealers their best shot at hearing about this.

====================
This year, Uniden is sending a representative to Hamvention in Dayton to help support our dealers, distributors, and other partners, as well as to get some direct input from the user community. I will be attending Friday and Saturday, all day both days.

We will be taking the opportunity to introduce an exciting new scanner product that no one has yet heard about, and I should have a fairly good looking prototype sample to show off. We'll issue a press release and release product details at the beginning of the show so that all of our partners have access to the information. My goal for the show is to spend most of my time in dealer booths with a "Meet the Uniden Rep" tour...but I need your help. I am aware of the following Uniden dealers or other partners that have booths at the show:

AES Amateur Electronic Supply
Computer Aided Technologies
Ham Radio Outlet
National Communications Magazine
ScannerMaster Corp
The Ham Station
Universal Radio

If you know of others, please let me know, and also let them know that they can schedule time for me to be in their booth by emailing me directly. If they would like to coordinate this with any other type of promotion, now is the time to set that up, as well. Scheduling will be on a "First Come, First Served" basis...I'd like to spend about an hour at each dealer's exhibit and leave a half hour or so between events in order to ensure I can start at the next venue in time, but at this point I am very flexible.

Paul Opitz aka "UPMan"
Product Manager
Uniden America Corp
popitz@uniden.com

scanfan03

Premium Subscriber
I don't think it is a scanner. He said scanner product that no one has ever heard of before. I guess we will see after the ham convention.

jmm346

We will be taking the opportunity to introduce an exciting new scanner product that no one has yet heard about, and I should have a fairly good looking prototype sample to show off.

Any recent guesses on what the new scanner product will be?

My vote goes for a mobile version of the 396; feature-wise Uniden would probably be ahead of GRE on both the portable and mobile/base side of things. And maybe the mobile/base would have remote head capabilities out of the box like many mobile ham radios do; that would be the icing on the cake.

safetyobc

Whoever goes to the convention, please, post on here ASAP so we will know what it is and also, take pictures if you can to post here! I think it will be a scanner. I could be wrong. But a "good looking prototype sample" could be anything!!!! I hate being in suspense.

br0adband

The wording of that is what gets me, as someone pointed out.

I doubt seriously it's the 396T since obviously we all know about it (and some dream about it).

:)

But I'm pretty damned curious now considering the Hamvention is getting closer. Wish I could go, maybe someday I'll get the opportunity to attend the Dayton show.

Best wishes and best of luck with the new product, Paul. :p

Paul

mikey60

Paul,

Do you have any further as to when you expect to be at what booth? I'm expecting to be there on Friday and would like to see what you have up your sleeve here... ;)

Mike

whooey

Oh boy this is how rumors get started so I'll chip in here.

I bet its the base/mobile version of the 396T!!! Like the previous digital Unidens except with a BLUE screen!!! Awesome I'm gonna get them both!! :lol:

Voyager

bsavery said:
Or it could be a blue pencil holder that says Uniden on it!

:lol:

Bob

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: TRUE! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joe M.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
A few people have asked when I'll be where at Dayton. Here is a partial list (still trying to nail down a couple of other times):

Friday 9AM -- Ham Station #536-539
Friday 11AM -- Universal Radio #506
Friday 1PM -- ScannerMaster #402,403

Saturday 11AM -- Community Radio Broadcast from #318

Feel free to look me up...I'll be the one with the radio on my belt. :wink:

Paul

safetyobc

UPMan,

Are you still going to post that new Avatar on May 19th ? Isn't that what it said a few weeks ago? Just curious....

Also, any comments on your new avatar you have now?

mikey60

UPMan said:
A few people have asked when I'll be where at Dayton. Here is a partial list (still trying to nail down a couple of other times):

Friday 9AM -- Ham Station #536-539
Friday 11AM -- Universal Radio #506
Friday 1PM -- ScannerMaster #402,403

Saturday 11AM -- Community Radio Broadcast from #318

Feel free to look me up...I'll be the one with the radio on my belt. :wink:

Paul

Ok Paul, I'll look for the guy with the radio on his belt... :shock: Hey, almost everybody has a radio on their belt! I guess I'll just look for the guy with the Uniden radio on his belt. :wink:

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.