RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > General Scanning Discussion

General Scanning Discussion For general questions not specific to a model of scanner or general discussion of use of a scanner. Location specific posts should be directed to the regional forums listed below.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #61 (permalink)  
Old 02-16-2009, 5:01 PM
Completely Banned for the Greater Good
   
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,374
Default

time to let this thread die??
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #62 (permalink)  
Old 02-16-2009, 5:04 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: California
Posts: 4,643
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsdawson View Post
Ok I have a used doppler df ok.
We don't care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsdawson View Post
15 so what i am not the cocky on on this site.
Well, actually, you are. I don't mind someone being cocky, if they have knowledge and experience to be cocky about. You have neither.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsdawson View Post
Plus my famliy members are hams so don't worry about what they have or who they are.
We don't care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsdawson View Post
I know what i am talking about.
You have yet to demonstrate that possibility. I'm inclined to believe you don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsdawson View Post
Doppler is not the only way to find signals.
Of course it isn't. No one here said it is. But do enlighten us, Oh, Wise One.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsdawson View Post
Other things have come along.
At this juncture, you need to elaborate and share with the group what it is you know, or what little credibility you think you have is lost. Tell me... what other things have come along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsdawson View Post
And it takes a alot of smartness and tricking some one to find them.
You're clearly out of your league here. You're starting to look foolish, as well as cocky.


Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsdawson View Post
You don't all ways have to have a $600 somrthing to find someone talking on a radio. Duhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
Again, no one said you did. I use a yagi and a spectrum analyzer. Tell us more about your magic secret thing that rarely comes out of the box. You've piqued my curiosity.

Well, ok. You haven't, really. You have a great deal to learn, but your mind seems to be shut tight.
__________________
Even the most ambitious little pebble will never grow up to be a big rock.

Last edited by zz0468; 02-16-2009 at 8:18 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #63 (permalink)  
Old 02-16-2009, 5:06 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: California
Posts: 4,643
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaRS View Post
time to let this thread die??
Naw, let's just move it to the wasteland. We'll get bored of it soon enough.
__________________
Even the most ambitious little pebble will never grow up to be a big rock.
Reply With Quote
  #64 (permalink)  
Old 02-16-2009, 7:51 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Southeastern Virginia
Posts: 1,208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz0468
You're clearly out of your league here. You're starting to look foolish,
as well as cocky.
He might just be high on something.

He certainly has enough hallucinations for that to be it.
__________________
Some posts can be interpreted in various ways.

Mine generally mean exactly what they say.
Reply With Quote
  #65 (permalink)  
Old 02-16-2009, 8:21 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: California
Posts: 4,643
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Burke View Post
He might just be high on something.

He certainly has enough hallucinations for that to be it.
I just figured it was testosterone poisoning.
__________________
Even the most ambitious little pebble will never grow up to be a big rock.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #66 (permalink)  
Old 02-17-2009, 6:10 AM
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Near Lakeview, LA (Caddo Parish)
Posts: 427
Cool Medical advice.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz0468 View Post
I just figured it was testosterone poisoning.
Thank GOD. I finally reached the age that doesn't bother me anymore, LOL!

73,

"Buck"/KA5LQJ
__________________
6th Louisiana Cavalry, C.S.A.
The Caddo Lighthorse Brigade
Reply With Quote
  #67 (permalink)  
Old 12-11-2011, 2:37 AM
Rumpaltin's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Green Bay, Wisconsin
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc36 View Post
Now there's a stretch. Listen for his illegal transmissions, and then complain to the FCC that he is intefering with my legal setup so they can check him out and catch him in the act. Hardly sounds like stalking to me.

Sounds a lot like seeing somebody weaving on the road, call 911 so the Troopers can check him out and catch him for drunk driving.
I know this post is old, but for anyone who may still look at it, I have one question for David. Are you licensed to operate on those frequencies? cuz if your not then you are doing the same thing he is, operating illegally on the same band and therefor he can't possibly be causing interference to your legal setup as for you to be able to have interference to your legal setup you would have to be legally licensed to operate that band and on top of that the FCC only issues ONE of those eight frequencies to a license, possibly TWO with special reason to need two frequencies in that band so your chances of finding him operating if you are legally licensed to use even two of those frequencies is slim to non for the remote wilderness.

And unless you live with say 3-5 miles off him you would have to go to his city/ neighborhood to hear him, but since he is only using them hunting you would then have to follow him out to his hunting grounds to hear him, and this would there for be stalking him.

As for the calling 911 for the person weaving on the road, how do you know he is drunk? that person could be on his way home from a long day at work and tired.

Cheers
__________________

Department Of Civilians
United States of America
Reply With Quote
  #68 (permalink)  
Old 12-11-2011, 7:04 AM
davidmc36's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: South East Ontario
Posts: 1,932
Default More trolling or what?!.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpaltin View Post
I know this post is old, but for anyone who may still look at it, I have one question for David. Are you licensed to operate on those frequencies? cuz if your not then you are doing the same thing he is, operating illegally on the same band and therefor he can't possibly be causing interference to your legal setup as for you to be able to have interference to your legal setup you would have to be legally licensed to operate that band and on top of that the FCC only issues ONE of those eight frequencies to a license, possibly TWO with special reason to need two frequencies in that band so your chances of finding him operating if you are legally licensed to use even two of those frequencies is slim to non for the remote wilderness.

And unless you live with say 3-5 miles off him you would have to go to his city/ neighborhood to hear him, but since he is only using them hunting you would then have to follow him out to his hunting grounds to hear him, and this would there for be stalking him.

As for the calling 911 for the person weaving on the road, how do you know he is drunk? that person could be on his way home from a long day at work and tired.

Cheers
Wow!! That was a good resurrection!! The comment about listening on a legal setup was merely hypothetical. Similar to my first post in the thread "if I were ever to get the chance".

As for the person weaving on the road, what does it matter if he is drunk or tired, if weaving all over the road they should be reported. Somebody can just as easily be killed, and indeed have been, by a driver falling asleep as one that is drunk. There is no logic to your argument "that person could be on his way home from a long day at work and tired."

Similar to the lack of logic the misguided legislators here that want to overturn the ban on Pit-Bulls; "But chiuauas bite people too!!" I COULD SQUAQSH A CHIUAUA LIKE A BUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Besides the whole thread turned out to be some punk kid with two memberships set up and just trollling.

Stalking......Puuuuuleeeeese!!

OUT!!!!
__________________
Personal Weather Station No Bounce, No Play.
The one who dies with the most toys wins.
Even though hydrogen is the most abundant element in the universe, stupidity is a close second.
Reply With Quote
  #69 (permalink)  
Old 04-02-2014, 8:50 PM
Rumpaltin's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Green Bay, Wisconsin
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc36 View Post
Wow!! That was a good resurrection!! The comment about listening on a legal setup was merely hypothetical. Similar to my first post in the thread "if I were ever to get the chance".

As for the person weaving on the road, what does it matter if he is drunk or tired, if weaving all over the road they should be reported. Somebody can just as easily be killed, and indeed have been, by a driver falling asleep as one that is drunk. There is no logic to your argument "that person could be on his way home from a long day at work and tired."

Similar to the lack of logic the misguided legislators here that want to overturn the ban on Pit-Bulls; "But chiuauas bite people too!!" I COULD SQUAQSH A CHIUAUA LIKE A BUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Besides the whole thread turned out to be some punk kid with two memberships set up and just trollling.

Stalking......Puuuuuleeeeese!!

OUT!!!!
WOW is right: I never would have have guessed you would have gotten your panties in a bunch over that comment. But YES there is logic to that comment however someone with no logic in life would not understand that anyway.

In your post you specifically stated "Busted for Drunk Driving" I simply asked "how would you know if that person is drunk?" I don't disagree that a person weaving on the road is any more or less safe drunk, tired, or digging around on the floor of the car for something they dropped, hell maybe the person is going into diabetic shock or having an extreme allergic reaction to something they ate due to someone's mistake at the fast food joint they just left but that can't be, they are weaving all over the road so they must be drunk damn it.

You seem to be the type of person that would report someone for smoking a joint if you didn't see a filter on the end of a hand rolled cigarette because that must be what it is since it is twisted at the end and there is no filter.
__________________

Department Of Civilians
United States of America
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #70 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2014, 7:11 PM
davidmc36's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: South East Ontario
Posts: 1,932
Default

Well done once again. You just log in every two years or so to give an old thread a poke?

Puuuuuuuulease once again. It's just one example of why somebody maybe needs to get stopped.

How about a nice edit for you: "....Troopers can check him out and catch him for drunk/sleepy/distracted/medically ill/general moron/ driving."

You miss the whole point, which was it is no more stalking to complain to FCC than it is to report an erratic driver that you witness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpaltin View Post
You seem to be the type of person that would report someone for smoking a joint if you didn't see a filter on the end of a hand rolled cigarette because that must be what it is since it is twisted at the end and there is no filter.
Stretching it pretty thin there. (You sound like the type of person full of male cow excrement) LOL I'm not about to ring The Lads if I simply see somebody who appears to be puffin' on a crankin', but if I was behind them in the drive-thru and the odor of the smoke rolling out the windows was unmistakable I sure would, and have. Nothing illogical about that.

Sorry, There is still no logic to your argument "that person could be on his way home from a long day at work and tired." Doesn't matter if I assume he is weaving because of being drunk, reporting is the right thing to do so that somebody qualified and authorized can figure out why.
__________________
Personal Weather Station No Bounce, No Play.
The one who dies with the most toys wins.
Even though hydrogen is the most abundant element in the universe, stupidity is a close second.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 1:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2011 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions