what is the meaning for general authorization

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

goodzyz

:roll: who can tell me what is the meaning for this sentence"DMR equipment having an integral antenna and working in Direct Mode (unit-to-unit) under a general authorization with no individual rights operation."

G

goodzyz

help me

who knows DMR(digital mobile radio)?It is a protocol used in European.It is established by ETSI.

N

nmfire10

I don't know where the context of this came from so one can only speculate. I would say it means you have authorization from the license to be on the frequency, rather than you holding your own license for it.

Al42

goodzyz said:
under a general authorization with no individual rights operation."
In the US the license states that it gives no proprietary interest to the licensee. Maybe in some European countries (or in the EU) this is different and one only needs a license to use the frequency, not rights to it.

It would help if you posted the name of the document (and the name of the issuing authority) you got this from.

G

goodzyz

Al42 said:
goodzyz said:
under a general authorization with no individual rights operation."
In the US the license states that it gives no proprietary interest to the licensee. Maybe in some European countries (or in the EU) this is different and one only needs a license to use the frequency, not rights to it.

It would help if you posted the name of the document (and the name of the issuing authority) you got this from.

Thank you very much
This sectence is quoted from " ETSI TS 102 361-1 V1.1.1 "
Electromagnetic compatibility
and Radio spectrum Matters (ERM);
Technical Requirements for Digital Mobile Radio (DMR);
Part 1: Air Interface (AI) protocol

1 Scope
The present document contains technical requirements for Digital Mobile Radio (DMR) operating in the existing licensed land mobile service frequency bands, as identified in CEPT ERC T/R 25-08 [7].
The present document describes the Air Interface of a scalable Digital Mobile Radio system which covers three tiers of possible products:
Tier I: DMR equipment having an integral antenna and working in Direct Mode (unit-to-unit) under a general authorization with no individual rights operation.
Tier II: DMR systems operating under individual licences working in Direct Mode (unit-to-unit) or using a Base Station (BS) for repeating.
Tier III: DMR trunking systems under individual licences operating with a controller function that automatically regulates the communications.
NOTE 1: Tier II and Tier III products encompass both simulcast and non-simulcast systems.

G

goodzyz

who can help me

who can help me embody the meaning for tier I to tieIII??

bsavery

Not quite what you asked but.....

ETSI is the European Telecommunications Standards Institute. Similar to ANSI is in the US, but only in matters pertaining to telecom where ANSI covers everything.

CEPT is the European equalivalent to the FCC.

So, unless someone knows European licensing and standards, it'll be hard to get an accurate answer.

And if you don't live in (or plan on building products for) Europe, it don't matter! :wink:

Bob

G

goodzyz

european market

but I want to build products for european market,so I need to know this,Thank you very much.

bsavery said:
Not quite what you asked but.....

ETSI is the European Telecommunications Standards Institute. Similar to ANSI is in the US, but only in matters pertaining to telecom where ANSI covers everything.

CEPT is the European equalivalent to the FCC.

So, unless someone knows European licensing and standards, it'll be hard to get an accurate answer.

And if you don't live in (or plan on building products for) Europe, it don't matter! :wink:

Bob

G

goodzyz

Re: european market

but how should I find the expertise in this field? I am in China. :cry:

Al42 said:
goodzyz said:
but I want to build products for european market,so I need to know this
Or you need to hire someone whose field of expertise is the European communications laws.

N

N_Jay

goodzyz said:

Al42 said:
goodzyz said:
Or you need to hire someone whose field of expertise is the European communications laws.

You contact some of your trading partners in the EU and start discussions.

Tier I: DMR equipment having an integral antenna and working in Direct Mode (unit-to-unit) under a general authorization with no individual rights operation.

This sounds like unlicensed FRS like communications

Tier II: DMR systems operating under individual licences working in Direct Mode (unit-to-unit) or using a Base Station (BS) for repeating.

This soulds like traditional/conventional land mobile like communications.

Tier III: DMR trunking systems under individual licences operating with a controller function that automatically regulates the communications.

This sounds like trunking/networked like communications.

If you are having trouble understanding the scope of the standard, you are going to need significant help when you get to the technical details.

G

goodzyz

Can you tell me the difference between the licensed and unlicensed,in what condition should I use the unlicensed and when should I use licensed??Thank you very much! :roll:

N_Jay said:
goodzyz said:

Al42 said:
goodzyz said:

You contact some of your trading partners in the EU and start discussions.

This sounds like unlicensed FRS like communications

This soulds like traditional/conventional land mobile like communications.

This sounds like trunking/networked like communications.

If you are having trouble understanding the scope of the standard, you are going to need significant help when you get to the technical details.

bsavery

Goodzyz.... I would suggest you do a search for "European radio consultant" or similar on the internet. Given the amount of radio and rf certifiable equipment built in China these days, you may even find someone that offices in China as well as Europe.

Just out of curiosity, if you can say that is, what are you planning on marketing there?

Good luck!
Bob

G

goodzyz

I am a Chinese,Just want to know some information about European market of DMR.Thank you for all of you to help me so much. :lol:
bsavery said:
Goodzyz.... I would suggest you do a search for "European radio consultant" or similar on the internet. Given the amount of radio and rf certifiable equipment built in China these days, you may even find someone that offices in China as well as Europe.

Just out of curiosity, if you can say that is, what are you planning on marketing there?

Good luck!
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.