The Antenna Farm not using coupons on ham radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueangel-eric

Feed Provider
I called The Antenna Farm to see it they have any sales on their Yeasu FT2800M like all the other websites do and the guy was rude. I told him i see all the other website has coupons on their radios but you don't and he said go knock your self out and order from them. their hurting for money and giving things away cheap. Yeasu ALWAYS has sale coupons on their radios ever since i've been a ham. maybe that guy is pocketing the coupon money for himself. make more money for the company. I won't be ordering anything from them. I always thought they was a nice company since they have a good selection of antennas and stuff but now i won't get a chance to order from them. :mad:
They're not in no hurry to sell a product i guess. Times are hard you'd think they'd be willing to sell a product.
Anyone else had problems with them?

DPD1

I understand what you're saying, but maybe take a minute and look at it from their point of view... Yes, times are tough. Nobody is doing great now. So imagine if you were selling something you had for a fair price in the paper, just to get by... and then somebody showed up and offered you even less than that, just because they knew you were desperate. Would you feel happy about that? I'm just saying... people are only human. That doesn't change because it's a business.

tactcom42

Premium Subscriber
THE ANTENNA FARM IS A JOKE!!!

It took alot of emails to find out about my order for antenna's I ordered.and he was very rude and told me about all the happy people he has help and I was the only one that had ever complained about an order.Good luck if you do order from him and get it with out any issue or smart comment from the owner.He needs to let someone else run things and stay in the back ground.never to be heard again.

I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM HIM AGAIN

Last edited:

trace1

Although I've only made one purchase from them, so far, I had no problems at all with it.

worldscanning

the antenna farm suck!

I ordered 2 antenna from him and their service suck. I asked to use USPS but instead he ship with UPS ending with an additional 50$ more from custom. (i.m in Canada). I told him about his mistake and the guy told me to go to hell if I'm not happy.

Stay away from antenna farm.

vabiro

"Thank you for stopping by The Antenna Farm. We are just an old fashioned Mom & Pop shop. Unlike huge corporations we work hard to earn your trust and even harder to earn your loyalty. We will never accept your hard earned tax dollars from the Federal government like your local corporation does. Like you we are patriots, not Benedict Arnold's!"

Gee, kind of an odd thing to greet a new customer with. Sounds like he has a chip on his shoulder.

scannersnstuff

let me tell you something. i know i'm tough on rude company's. the only way to hurt them is to hit them in their pocketbook's !. if i deal with a company where the service was unsatisfactory,i never deal with them again.i bad mouth them every chance i get.so SCANNERWORLD & UNIVERSAL RADIO,you can both kiss my $CASH$ goodbye ! . deal with SCANNER MASTER, they make it right every time.

trace1

I ordered a scanner from Scanner World many years ago and didn't have any problem with them, maybe things have changed now.

Never had a problem with Universal Radio either with an order from them although I do most of my Ham business through HRO.

Got my BCD396T from Scanner Master and if I ever want/need another scanner I'm sure they will be who I go with.

scannersnstuff

crappy radio dealers

scannerworld - i ordered from them. there was something wrong with the scanner.the employee yelled at me on the phone,and said i didn't know what i was doing. then after agreeing to refund my money,they did,minus a few dollar's that they failed to explain.

universal radio - called to inquire if a radio was available.of all people, cathy "the owner" rudely told me it was not in stock.when i asked if she knew when it would be back in stock,she said "no idea" and promptly hung up on me. i guess she was busy playing with her ah......feline.

Last edited by a moderator:

newsphotog

Premium Subscriber
Yeah I ordered from the Antenna Farm a few weeks ago to get a CD and cable for my ID-800H. It took like a week for them to ship it after I placed my order online. And then I get the envelope in the mail and the cable is all fine and everything but the software was burned onto a RECORDABLE CD. The serial number and everything was on a text file on the CD. It seemed like some guy was just copying the software and burning the program onto the recordable CD. Could be why the website says "Note: You are buying the cable and we are GIVING you the software." Maybe they have some sort of agreement with Icom, but I EXTREMELY doubt it. The software worked, but man is the deal shady.

k6bsr

Dippity doo dah, dippity day

I bought a scanner from scannerworld back in 1994 and had no problem. Since then I have purchased all my equipment from AES,HRO or Radio Shack. I have bought some used stuff off of Ebay and a few ham swaps, but I guess I've just been lucky. As far as rude vendors are concerned, I agree that you should never deal with them again. I would hope that all of us try to give our money to the local(if possible)dealer first as it sure is nice to be able to walk into a store that actually sells stuff scannerheads enjoy.

newsphotog

Premium Subscriber
In addition to not spending my money at these places, I also like to write letters. If I send them a real, tangible letter via snail mail, I almost always get something in return.

I had a bad situation with American Eagle last summer. All of my jeans were tearing themselves at the crotch. I had 7 pairs of jeans with holy crotches. The local stores wouldn't take them back so I wrote a one-page letter, addressed it directly to the CEO, and packed a huge cardboard box full of all the bad jeans because they weren't doing me any good. A few weeks later I got a giant box in the mail that contained a letter from their products VP and a box of TEN new pairs of jeans. They were so new that the jeans weren't even being sold in stores yet. Altogether the jeans they sent me were worth $350-400 retail.

Most companies know that it takes eight times more money and work to get a new customer as opposed to maintaining the ones you have.

I've also written letters to fast food chains complaining about dirty kitchens and they'll send you some coupons back. It works for most companies if you provide valuable feedback. I don't write to companies unless I have a legitimate concern.

As a lesson in my high school civics class, we got extra credit for writing a complaint letter to a company. I wrote to Coke about their old Cherry Coke logo design (http://www.ionlitio.com/images/2007/10/cherry_coke.jpg), telling them that it "looked too angry." A few weeks later I got a letter from Coke thanking me for a consumer's viewpoint on their marketing tactics. Also in the envelope were coupons for ten free 12-packs of any Coke product.

Kinda off topic, but just thought I'd share this with others.

trace1

As a lesson in my high school civics class, we got extra credit for writing a complaint letter to a company. I wrote to Coke about their old Cherry Coke logo design (http://www.ionlitio.com/images/2007/10/cherry_coke.jpg), telling them that it "looked too angry." A few weeks later I got a letter from Coke thanking me for a consumer's viewpoint on their marketing tactics. Also in the envelope were coupons for ten free 12-packs of any Coke product.

Kinda off topic, but just thought I'd share this with others.

Well since ya' brought it up...

I too had an assignment in high school to write a letter of complaint, this one was in English class though. And our Teacher graded and approved our letters before we sent them off.

Anyway, I didn't really have anything to complain about regarding any recent purchases I had made so I made up one. I sent a letter to a company that makes Index Cards and other Paper Products and stated that I had bought a package of "ruled", or lined, Index Cards and that I had found several of them to be "unruled", or plain.

I further stated that I had always purchased this brand of paper products and had never had a problem with them but just wanted to inform them of what I had encountered.

A few weeks later I got a package from this company with a letter of apology, a new pack of "ruled" Index Cards, and a small portfolio notebook. Nothing like getting free stuff, huh?

Oh yeah, I got an "A" on my project too!

blueangel-eric

Feed Provider
I ordered some 900mhz mobile antennas from Antenna Farm last week only because the other ham stores didn't sell those and still the order is listed as processing and all this week they never answer the phone when i call.
It seems they're not in a hurry to do good business unlike what the website says. When they were closed over the weekend the answering machine and website said all pending orders were shipped but my order status says otherwise.

kb9hgi

Feed Provider
below is a email I received from antenna farm.

Yup, you guessed it...we ARE the radio nazi's !

Therefore we do not accept coupons or cry babies

Now...back of the line ! :)

P.S.

Challenge for you....take time to find GOOD news or GOOD reports about ANY business out there. Bad news is the only news that sells and the only kind that gets any attention.

When was the last time you took the time to go online and report on how well your experience was with Wal-Mart, or Sears, or any other business out there? It's only when people get upset that they go online and rant.

Take that with a grain salt

The Antenna Farm
John W Holbrook, Pres.
1-800-832-4654
1-406-222-7587
10am to 6pm MST Mon-Fri
The Antenna Farm :: , Your Two Way Radio Source!

SCPD

QRT
Obviously sir you do not know the adage of a bad customer experience and what that customer will do. A customer who experiences bad service that tells 10 others of their experiences, causing those 10 person to have that thought in their mind, and if anyone else mentions something about that specific vendor, it jars that from memory and they tell the experience of their friend. You can see how this can soon mushroom and could easily become known by hundreds of persons. Soon you notice your phone rings less, and less and less are walking into your store.

Perhaps this is already happening to you and that is causing your anger as demonstrated by your "radio nazi" comment. Less people speak of a positive customer service experience, but more people will speak of a negative customer service experience. The customers aren't at fault it, it is YOU the vendor that is tarnishing your reputation throw smart aleck comments, promises of shipping orders and then sitting on them. Granted, sometimes parts aren't always in stock, but that is something you the VENDOR should be up front about it.

You may think you are a great businessman, but take a moment to read the comments from the consumers, they don't sound happy. It would be at this point that I'd take a step back, and ask the question "what are we (vendors) doing wrong that our customers are so unhappy?"

True, you may have thousands of satisfied customers, but one upset customer can really rock the boat, and in this case, it looks like there are several boat rockers. Personally, I don't see this coupon thing as that big of an issue, and was going to not comment on this thread until I saw your comments. I, as well as many others after reading them, likely uttered the words "FU, I sure won't be doing business with a company that treats customers like that."

A good place to illustrate good customer service is a grocery store. They are large, and often it is difficult to find a certain item and we end up asking an employee for assistance. Most employees will respond with "aisle 7 for that" but the best employees will say "here, follow me, I will show you where it is located," and take you right to it, asking if they can help with anything else before returning to what they were doing. That is an example of excellent customer service, leading to loyal and returning customers.

Far too many people work in customer service for just a paycheck and could care less about the customer really. Having a chip on your shoulder serves no purpose but alienating your customers, driving them away to competing vendors and surely this is not what you want happening, but making sniping comments does nothing but make that wound fester more.

It's your business, run it as you see fit, but remember, customers... consumers make the final decision of whom they will do business with, so when sales start dropping and the phone rings less and less you have only yourself to blame, not the customers.

DickH

... Less people speak of a positive customer service experience, ...

And let me add ... that is because good service is (or should be) the norm. I lived in Japan for nine years and customer service and customer relations is superb. And what a shock it was coming back to this country.
I recall an experience at Dulles airport on my first trip back after several years.
I bought some postcards in an airport shop. When I asked the clerk where to get stamps (they didn't have any). She waved her hand toward the corridor and said, "Oh I don't know. Down there somewhere."
So I thought, "I must be back in the States".
In Japan I had a shopkeeper leave her store and take me several blocks to a compeditor because she did not have something in stock. Now there's customer service.!!!

blueangel-eric

Feed Provider
well it's already friday again the they still don't answer the phone and i called 2-3 times a day and finally left a message yesterday, Thursday. No response. I get the feeling they're blowing me off. maybe he remembers my name on the caller ID from the first time i called about the radio and coupons. The outgoing message still says they're closed and will open on Monday the 21st. Their website doesn't say they're closed anymore. I don't think they're with the program. i should try calling from someone else's phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.