Status
Not open for further replies.

toastguy

I've been searching for the meaning of this police code/Abbrv.: PSN

It's often used in the context. "I'm coming back with a negative PSN"

It might also be PFN, PFM, or PSM

dracer777

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (MOT-QA30/00.72 UP.Browser/7.2.7.5.610 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

toastguy said:

On all routine traffic stops, or non-routine? Or just at random?

scannerfreak

Database Admin
It would also be helpful to post where you are located since chances are it's a local thing..

commstar

Premium Subscriber

Could be related to Project Safe Neighborhoods 'PSN', a Fed/DOJ juvenile gun related crime reduction program and has a database named RISS or Regional Information Sharing System. Makes sense in your neck of the woods. The troops might have been instructed not to use the RISS on the air or in reports in an attempt to keep its existence quiet and away from defense attorneys prying eyes.

Then again, in Alameda County California a PFN is a Personal File Number which is a three-letter/three-number file generated by the countywide booking system named CORPUS. Often used as source of information and at times one could find warrants that had not been entered in PIN/AWS/NCIC in error.

Could be one of these or who knows,,,,,let us know what it turns out to be.

And for whatever it is worth, your location was kinda unclear to me also, i went to look for a Lafayette County based on the lower case 'o' in your location. 'Co.' is a proper abbreviation for county, CO on the other hand would clearly say Colorado to me anyway.

Happy monitoring!

Regards,
Mike

Last edited:

qlajlu

Silent Key
It would also be helpful to post where you are located since chances are it's a local thing..

Hard to answer question. We don't know where you are from toastguy.
Larry

Well, that is two posters that need more information to adequately help you, so I urge you to return to your User CP (the left side of the second blue bar from the top of any page if you are logged in) and edit your profile to include your location (city and state) as you were requested to do in the material e-mailed to you when you registered. Once you fill in your location it will automatically show in each of your posts. Many of the questions you will have, and their answers, are going to be location specific and without having your location showing you will be asked over and over again what it is. So fill it in now and be done with it.

mciupa

Perhaps Prior Felony M???

:confused:

DickH

He (she?) might be afraid to say because the local cops might read it and bust through the front door, put on the cuffs and demand to know why they are listening to them. :)

Don't laugh, I'll bet there are some paranoid people out there like that.

dracer777

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (MOT-QA30/00.72 UP.Browser/7.2.7.5.610 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

Why do you think I pretend to be in Colorado? lol

qlajlu

Silent Key

He (she?) might be afraid to say because the local cops might read it and bust through the front door, put on the cuffs and demand to know why they are listening to them. :)

Don't laugh, I'll bet there are some paranoid people out there like that.

Paranoia, huh? Hmm. Well, that answers one question I have had.

rgc0233

Psn

I am also trying to decipher this code. I am thinking that in CA, it may be Public Safety Network. I listen in Santa Clara Co. and hear this in connection with running an individual through the computer. Either they have a PSN or it's negative PSN. Possibly referring to a State-wide database where having a number means you have had previous police contact.

UvGotIssuesToo

Premium Subscriber
I am also trying to decipher this code. I am thinking that in CA, it may be Public Safety Network. I listen in Santa Clara Co. and hear this in connection with running an individual through the computer. Either they have a PSN or it's negative PSN. Possibly referring to a State-wide database where having a number means you have had previous police contact.

Santa Clara County also uses the "PFN" abbreviation. Similar to Alameda County, as someone else previously posted. If the returns given are 6 characters, 3 alpha followed by 3 numbers (ABC123), chances are it's a PFN. As far as I know, it's a county specific system. I don't know for sure if Alameda County numbers their system the same or if they're connected with Santa Clara Co.

ki6hfa

"..the subject is on probation, negative PSN.." or "..the subject is searchable, service needed.."
In my opinion "PSN" could be "Probation, Service Needed" - like drugs/alcohol test, party is searchable, etc.

rcool101

Feed Provider

PMS?..:roll:...Time to get out of the house. Go have a cold one...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.