RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > General Scanning Discussion

General Scanning Discussion For general questions not specific to a model of scanner or general discussion of use of a scanner. Location specific posts should be directed to the regional forums listed below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 8:37 PM

+1 on the amazing car!

If I'm seeing things correctly, is that HUD on the windshield?
Sponsored links
Old 01-08-2010, 8:39 PM
Not Posting

Ok, I confess! I've been assimilated into Internet Radio!

I went to Best Buy and picked up the Logitech Squeezebox. I had it up and running in about five minutes without even looking at the manual.

DaveIN was kind enough to give me some quick tips on how to add scanner feeds from RR, and it's all good! Now I understand the attraction! This has been a great thread guys. Thanks for motivating me.
Old 01-08-2010, 8:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPSCS View Post

DaveIN was kind enough to give me some quick tips on how to add scanner feeds from RR, and it's all good! Now I understand the attraction! This has been a great thread guys. Thanks for motivating me.
Would you mind posting the instructions on how to add scanner feeds from RR? I have mine added but they all stopped working today. I went to the RR live audio page and I noticed all the feeds addresses are different.
Old 01-08-2010, 8:48 PM
Not Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by CqDx View Post
Would you mind posting the instructions on how to add scanner feeds from RR? I have mine added but they all stopped working today. I went to the RR live audio page and I noticed all the feeds addresses are different.

If RR changed any of the address, then you need to delete and recreate them. Not sure why they would be different. I know they were having some server issues the other day. Maybe that had something to do with it.

I launch each feed in Windows Media Player, the right-click on the media player, go down to Proprieties, and look under the File tab for Location. Then highlight the url and paste it into my Favorites on the Logitech web site.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:55 AM

Sure is it displays speed, tach, turn signals, navigation turns and distance and many other thing to keep your eyes on the road.

Quote:
+1 on the amazing car!

If I'm seeing things correctly, is that HUD on the windshield?
Sponsored links
Old 01-09-2010, 8:20 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

MPSCS:

Welcome to the WIFI Internet Radio Club :-) We knew we would get you sooner or later (LOL).

P.S. I sent an e-mail to Gordon asking that RR Management Team review this thread and consider putting together a plug-in or app that would "integrate" the RR liove audio database into the Squeezebox. This would eliminate thye current need to eneter all of the stream URL's by hand (albeit copy & paste). He sent my note along to Lindsey for review.

Mike
Old 01-09-2010, 10:00 AM
Not Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRHKY94 View Post
MPSCS:

Welcome to the WIFI Internet Radio Club :-) We knew we would get you sooner or later (LOL).

P.S. I sent an e-mail to Gordon asking that RR Management Team review this thread and consider putting together a plug-in or app that would "integrate" the RR liove audio database into the Squeezebox. This would eliminate thye current need to eneter all of the stream URL's by hand (albeit copy & paste). He sent my note along to Lindsey for review.

Mike
Thanks Mike! An RR database app would be cool! They could use the one in Radio Shack's PRO-107 as an example. It works very well.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:42 AM
Founder and CEO
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRHKY94 View Post
MPSCS:

Mike
The problem with us doing this is there's no intrinsic value back to RR to do this... we would effectively enable a process to completely go around our revenue generating model for the feeds.

Also understand that there are TONS of different "ways" and clients that "could" integrate with RR feeds - at this point we can't address them all. Our position is that we provide an API for client developers to use our feeds, and those that choose to use the API sign license agreements and provide royalties back to RR, so that's how we recoup lost revenue through alternative clients.

I guess what I'm trying to say that this would be a responsibility of Logitec's team to license the RR Live Audio API (and any other client)
Old 01-09-2010, 12:31 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Lindsay:

Thanks for the reply! Understood and it makes sense.

Mike
Sponsored links
Old 01-09-2010, 3:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobes View Post
No my in car entertainment system is hard drive based. Any audio I feed into the system I can pause and playback. I can even burn a disc from my front head-unit.

Its a 2010 Buick Lacrosse and its an incredible car
drooling....that is one pretty interior!! Thats a really cool feature...I take it thats a factory installed system that does all that...?!?
Old 01-09-2010, 7:20 PM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by blantonl View Post
The problem with us doing this is there's no intrinsic value back to RR to do this... we would effectively enable a process to completely go around our revenue generating model for the feeds.

Also understand that there are TONS of different "ways" and clients that "could" integrate with RR feeds - at this point we can't address them all. Our position is that we provide an API for client developers to use our feeds, and those that choose to use the API sign license agreements and provide royalties back to RR, so that's how we recoup lost revenue through alternative clients.

I guess what I'm trying to say that this would be a responsibility of Logitec's team to license the RR Live Audio API (and any other client)
As a "third party" plug-in, the app. can be loaded without Logitech support center via the Squeezebox server, so technically Radioreference could control sales of the plug-in from it's own site and generate revenue. Something to ponder.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:54 PM

Good thinking, DaveIN.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:42 PM

Yep that's straight factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by csoguy View Post
drooling....that is one pretty interior!! Thats a really cool feature...I take it thats a factory installed system that does all that...?!?
Old 01-10-2010, 12:21 PM
Not Posting

Quote:
Interesting...the same thing happened to me. All the feeds I saved for the Squeezebox stopped working. I was capturing the links from Windows Media Player. Now it appears they are all using a different media format for Windows Media Player, that is not compatible with the Squeezebox. I'm going to try the WinAmp format next and see if that's working.

Maybe Lindsay can explain the reason for the change, or is that coming from the stream provider?
Sponsored links
Old 01-10-2010, 12:25 PM

Grab the link for Winamp extension .3mu That works but no matter what the link address changes to protect our feeds from scabs stealing them

Last edited by jobes; 01-10-2010 at 12:28 PM..
Old 01-10-2010, 12:54 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

The URL's stop working because they change every so many days to prevent people from plugging them into programs and RR loosing that revenue that he was talking about.

Old 01-10-2010, 1:49 PM
Not Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggraves View Post
The URL's stop working because they change every so many days to prevent people from plugging them into programs and RR loosing that revenue that he was talking about.
If that's the case, then maybe Lindsay should consider a path for paid members so they wouldn't have to deal with this.

Lindsay, what say you?
Old 01-10-2010, 1:54 PM

Would a blackberry work to listen on the live audio from RR?
Brandon: lol
Old 01-10-2010, 1:56 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

It should and the URLs for mobile devices don't change.