RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners, Receivers and Related Equipment Forums > General Scanning Discussion

General Scanning Discussion - For general questions not specific to a model of scanner or general discussion of use of a scanner. Manufacturer specific posts should be directed to the appropriate forums below and location specific posts should go in the appropriate regional forum..

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-30-2018, 2:46 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Scored a Reecom R-1650 weather radio for $7.25. An excellent find that I was very happy with. I do not own one. With that said with app and cell phone tech as good as it is many times storms rarely if ever just sneak up on someone but in the middle of the night that alarm could save my life.

This is for the R-1650d but I'm not sure what the difference is really...? I may email the mfg

https://www.amazon.com/Back-up-Batte...r+radio+r-1650
Sponsored links
Old 10-26-2018, 11:16 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Hello to all in the group. On Fri 10/26/18 I found a Radio Shack Pro-62 handheld scanner with the owners manual, power supply/charger and 6 ni cad batteires at a local Goodwill for $2.99 works great and is in excellent condition. Adding another radio to my collection."You never know what you are going to find"
Old 10-27-2018, 9:02 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Hello all Sat 10/27/18 I found a CC Crane Radio plus at a local Goodwill store for $5.99 works great. You never know what you are going to find!!!!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV1E9fS8A7s
Old 10-29-2018, 11:45 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by W9NES View Post
Hello all Sat 10/27/18 I found a CC Crane Radio plus at a local Goodwill store for $5.99 works great. You never know what you are going to find!!!!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV1E9fS8A7s
great find
Old 10-29-2018, 6:45 PM

Not exactly a thrift store but I did find my Local Walmart selling Whistler WS1010. Really cool to see radios in regular stores again instead of just RipOff Shack. All the Public Safety here is analog too so it'll work great plus plenty of rail traffic among other things. Though probably something to pass on since they can't seem to take care of any of their stock properly as you can see by the condition of these boxes.

Sponsored links
Old 10-31-2018, 1:54 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Location: Davenport,Fl.- home to me and the gators and the skeeters.

aaaaggghh!..........
Old 11-08-2018, 1:00 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Not the 396 you'd expect to get at a Wrecking Yard...

I went to the Pick-n-Pull yard in Carson City hoping to find an alternator bracket for my work truck. On the way out I always browse the "Thrift Store" where they sell things that are left in vehicles... usually stuff like jumper cables, old tools, CBs etc. Found this 396T in a cardboard box under a bunch of stereo patch cables. Dirty, scratches, no antenna, but what the heck? Guy at the counter sez "What's that, an old cell phone? Ten bucks." Went home, cleaned it up a bit and put 3 AAs in... thing lights up! Tuned to to 162.45, works! Grabbed my pgm cable fired up FreeScan and loaded Reno EDACS... works! Internal speaker cone is shot and the ext. power jack center pin is loose but a working 396T for $10 is hard to beat... oh yeah, I got the alternator bracket too! Ya just never know...
Attached Images

Old 11-09-2018, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6079smithw View Post
I went to the Pick-n-Pull yard in Carson City hoping to find an alternator bracket for my work truck. On the way out I always browse the "Thrift Store" where they sell things that are left in vehicles... usually stuff like jumper cables, old tools, CBs etc. Found this 396T in a cardboard box under a bunch of stereo patch cables. Dirty, scratches, no antenna, but what the heck? Guy at the counter sez "What's that, an old cell phone? Ten bucks." Went home, cleaned it up a bit and put 3 AAs in... thing lights up! Tuned to to 162.45, works! Grabbed my pgm cable fired up FreeScan and loaded Reno EDACS... works! Internal speaker cone is shot and the ext. power jack center pin is loose but a working 396T for $10 is hard to beat... oh yeah, I got the alternator bracket too! Ya just never know...
Nice! Might've been left in an old tow truck or taxi to steal tows, go to accidents, or steal fares haha. Looks in pretty decent shape on the outside. The speaker and power jack should be easy to replace with a little bit of soldering pen work. Good catch.