Momma Is Going To Be Mad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chas486

Feed Provider
So, I just spent more money on this "hobby". A new BCD996XT, USB cable, Desk Mount box for 2 scanners, JT2 antenna package. Let's just say, a bit over $700.00.

I have more scanners than I know what to do with, but you ever get the itch that you just need to order the latest and greatest? Plus I want to add CT State Police (P25) to my house scanner.

New scanner goes in my vehicle, vehicle scanner (BCD996T) goes in house to broadcast on RR and NECW for Police Channels to replace the current RS Pro-2046 and still using my BCT15 for Fire channel broadcast on RR and NECW. Antenna to get better reception and replace back of scanner antenna (wait till she sees the pole on the house >:0

Anyone got a spare room for rent?

ab8sn

Premium Subscriber
So, I just spent more money on this "hobby". A new BCD996XT, USB cable, Desk Mount box for 2 scanners, JT2 antenna package. Let's just say, a bit over $700.00.

I have more scanners than I know what to do with, but you ever get the itch that you just need to order the latest and greatest? Plus I want to add CT State Police (P25) to my house scanner.

New scanner goes in my vehicle, vehicle scanner (BCD996T) goes in house to broadcast on RR and NECW for Police Channels to replace the current RS Pro-2046 and still using my BCT15 for Fire channel broadcast on RR and NECW. Antenna to get better reception and replace back of scanner antenna (wait till she sees the pole on the house >:0

Sounds like me and you both have more radios then what we know what to do with. My local area hasn't even went digital yet and I already own 4 digital scanners along with the other 8 or so analog ones. Sounds like you made a good choice on equipment and I wish you all the best and good luck with momma. lol

73s

Chad

vinzep491

Sometimes you just got to add that extra scanner, even if no one else understands the obsession

:)

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned

Oh my! :roll: ........How warm is your car?
I wish you luck and hope that "momma" develops a sudden interest! :cool:
n9zas

ridgescan

I am lucky-my Rosie kinda digs the whole radiocomm thing-she actually stuck around for a few minutes at the desk and wanted to know about the SWL DXing stuff-she actually took the time and gets the whole spreadsheet and loggings etc and genuinly thought it was kinda neat:D maybe if you encourage her to take just a little time and see what you see-she may cut some slack-she loved ya enough to marry ya don't forget:)

Eng74

Jewelry always works well. The bad thing is you have to spend more on that than the radio.

Last edited:

vinzep491

At the end of the day, tell her it's your hobby, just like she gets her hair done or nails.

Then again some fingernail polish is a little less expensive than a digital scanner. LOl

RadioDaze

Tell her, and you may quote me, that guys who have hobbies that occupy their minds and their time rarely have minds or time available for affairs, gambling or drinking binges.

And also.... oh, wait a sec, the phones ringing... I gotta get that . It's my bookie girlfriend - I have to answer it in the garage so my wife doesn't hear. (Hic)

vinzep491

Tell her, and you may quote me, that guys who have hobbies that occupy their minds and their time rarely have minds or time available for affairs, gambling or drinking binges.

And also.... oh, wait a sec, the phones ringing... I gotta get that . It's my bookie girlfriend - I have to answer it in the garage so my wife doesn't hear. (Hic)

ahahahahaha

Halfpint

Slightly NE of the People's Republic of Firestone
SWMBO and I have a deal. Her hobbies are quilting, making stuffed animal toys, crocheting, and coloured pen and pencil art. My hobbies are scanning, SWLing, collecting flashlights, and antique tools. When ever one of us picks up a new `toy' or `supplies' the other one then can pick up a new `toy' or `supplies'.

So far she has 4 sewing machines, 1 serger, many misc `tools'/`accessories', about 250 - 300 18gal Rubbermaid Roughneck tubs *filled* with cloth and other assorted `materials', and I don't know how many sets of coloured pencils, inks, pens, and assorted papers.

In my `shack' I can easily see/count a dozen or so scanners, 4 SWLing radios, and about a dozen assorted flashlights. If I were to do a little `digging' I could bump up the scanner count by at least another dozen, add another 5 - 6 SWLing radios, and close to 80 more flashlights!

One of my latest acquistions `flashlight-wise' was an LED flashlight that is almost brighter, at 1,500 lumens, than the headlights on my wife's LR3 and I am considering getting it's big brother which puts out 2,200 lumens which will definitely be brighter. My next planned scanner acquistion is going to be a GRE PSR800 as soon as they get them out for sale.

SWMBO's next acquistion is going to be either another serger, or a long arm quilting machine and table, or both.

This way neither of us has any reason to quibble about what the other has gone and bought. {VB GRIN!} We call it the "Budget the luxuries first and the necessities will take care of themselves." system. It's worked very well for us for the last 30 or so years so why should we change it? {CHORTLE!}

KK6PD

It is better to ask for forgiveness, than for permission!

Enjoy the radio, I sure do love mine!

holmdt

Saw the specs on the XT now I want one. How do you like it? I have the prs300 but this would be nice
for the house. Where is my tax refund? I want to go shopping.

batrastard

My wife spends more in a year on her hobby (scrapbooking, quilting, etc, etc), and yet she bellyaches about me wanting a scanner a year. Yes granted it's a 500 dollar scanner, but I would rather have a scanner in an emergency than a scrapbook. (lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.