Labels for radio channel assignments

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlieone

Hey all.

A couple of my radios do not have a LCD display. I'm trying to come up with a good way to label the case so i know which channels are which.

Does anyone have suggestions? I'd like something that looks clean and professional.

I've used laminated cards with velcro before, but those looked kind of goofy.

W2NJS

Radios without displays are always a pain to use, unless you have a photographic memory(G). I use the Excel on my computer to make small, boxed labels on glossy photo paper. For glue I use an acid-free photo glue stick from the stationery store. When the time comes to change the label it comes off without leaving any residue on the radio.

W2NJS

To make a usable paper label for a non-display HT you really need the small (8 or 9 point) type that you get on an Excel printout, along with the line boxes that are also available. First of all, you will be able to use like channels 1, 2, and 3 from your own memory, but you'll need to look at the label when you get above channel 3 or 4. Also, remember that you can, with Excel, make a black label with white typeface which is pretty slick and easily readable even with the small type size.

Status
Not open for further replies.