RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > General Scanning Discussion

General Scanning Discussion For general questions not specific to a model of scanner or general discussion of use of a scanner. Location specific posts should be directed to the regional forums listed below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-11-2012, 10:13 AM
Completely Banned for the Greater Good
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

"What im wondering is why that tiny schiool has 150 radios."

"Most likely the school district holds the license, not the school building."

Here's your answer and you can delete the "most likely" because that's what agencies do. Chances are excellent they don't have that many radios (can't see why they would have) and picked the number arbitrarily. For what it's worth, back when CB was licensed I put 5 units on my application although I had only one. That allowed for future expansion, base, mobile and portable leaving two to play with.
Sponsored links
Old 11-11-2012, 12:38 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackmchugh View Post
Wa0cbw: What im wondering is why that tiny schiool has 150 radios. The 150 radios is from WQGT200. But i have many other schools in my district just look at the uaschools website. But thats the only one school licence with radios keep in mind the quantity and size. Also the school i go to hastind has like 20 radios but i cant find the frequencies.
Thankyou
That is the license for ALL of the radios being used not only by that school but anyone else they have authorized on that frequency.. A licensee can assign anyone to use the frequency(s) they have been assigned. The licensee is however responsible for the proper operation and use of the frequencies by everyone they have authorized.

I would guess the radios at the school you attend are accounted for on one of those licenses. Until you can identify the actual frequency they use it would be difficult to determine if they are operating legally. Although one of the FCC rules is to identify a minimum of once every 15 minutes most users either use the identification provided by a repeater (if they use one) or are not aware they are suppose to identify. If the repeater provides the identification it usually strips the PL during the ID so none of the users will hear the Morse code identification.

BB
Old 11-12-2012, 12:57 AM
Seņor Member
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Hello Jack;

Looking here http://www.uaschools.org/pages/Upper...ces/Bus_Routes I see ten school campuses and 26 buses. I will guess one mobile per bus and a dozen portables per campus. That's 26+120 = 146 radios. The 150 radios on the license sounds more than reasonable.

Last edited by Unitrunker; 11-12-2012 at 1:00 AM..
Old 11-12-2012, 5:21 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

theyve got valid part 90 licenses. they're legit. really nothing else more to it.
Old 11-15-2012, 9:37 PM

The reason for all the radios use some common sense? spelling radios break and get lost,batteries arnt perfect either.
Sponsored links

Old 11-16-2012, 3:06 AM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunmasternd View Post
The reason for all the radios use some common sense? spelling radios break and get lost,batteries arnt perfect either.
Uhh...is that even a reply to this thread?

I hate it when spelling radios break or get lost! Then I need to get out my math radios, or better yet dust off the ol' Speak And Spell from when I was a young 'un...
Old 11-16-2012, 3:48 AM
DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by methusaleh View Post
Uhh...is that even a reply to this thread?

I hate it when spelling radios break or get lost! Then I need to get out my math radios, or better yet dust off the ol' Speak And Spell from when I was a young.
Says the guy that instead of replying to the thread with a real answer makes a smart remark
Old 11-16-2012, 7:12 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Now, if y'all don't quiet down an' behave yourselves, I'm gonna have to stop the bus and call for help on my radio..,

;-)

http://forums.radioreference.com/eve...t-slogans.html
Old 11-16-2012, 3:12 PM
Completely Banned for the Greater Good
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Once the question has been answered (repeatedly) the thread degenerates, time for closure since you don't know when to quit.
Sponsored links
Old 11-27-2012, 6:44 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by WA1ATA View Post
Obviously not a grammar school.
Took the words right out of my mouth!

Good example of your government controlled schools at work.

Last edited by KE4NYV; 11-27-2012 at 6:46 PM..