trunked bsystems

Status
Not open for further replies.

vans113

Premium Subscriber
i have 2 trunked systems where i live a provoice edacs system and a ltr passport system my sherrifs are on the ltr system and police, and fire are on the provoice system when listening to my analog scanner at times i hear the police? it sounds different but i hear them saying unit numbers so it's not broadcasting with the provoice and they are digital is the computers just broadcasting them wrong ? or what? this really confuses me i have a tap on my scanner so i monitor my police all the time. Just wondering how on earth i could be hearing them.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
I don't want to offend, but could you add a few punctuations? It's a hard to help when the question is hard to understand. I fixed some of it up below so I could understand it myself.

I have 2 trunked systems where I live, a Provoice EDACS system and a LTR Passport system. My sheriffs are on the LTR system and police, and fire are on the Provoice system. When listening to my analog scanner at times I hear the police? It sounds different but I hear them saying unit numbers so it's not broadcasting with the Provoice and they are digital. Is the computers just broadcasting them wrong, or what? This really confuses me. I have a tap on my scanner so I monitor my police all the time. Just wondering how on earth I could be hearing them?

From what little understanding I have of Provoice, I believe there is an option on the physical radios and dispatch consoles that allows them to turn Provoice on and off. This is probably rare and most likely accidental. From the way you described it, it sounds like a dispatch console that's transmitting analog voice, so it's possible they bumped something to turn it to analog. Maybe they have a change of heart regarding locking out scanner enthusiasts and are slowly moving back to analog? :)

vans113

Premium Subscriber
sorry about that =P but the thing is the EDACS system is a 800 mhz system. What i hear them on is my LTR system frequencies, which are 400 mhz which is the weird thing. I don't think the provoice radios can sometimes big calls go out and our police, and everybody CAN NOT talk to each other they have to go though the dispatch to find out who's doing what.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Ah, the stories of lack of interoperability...In any case, I took a look at the database and it appears that your County and City have some kind of patched talkgroup together. If you look at Clarksville Public Safety Trunking System, you'll see TG 788 which is described as Patch To Montgomery County SO On TN Homeland Security Trunked System. I'm guessing this is to allow them to talk to each other in big events.

Where I live, there are a bunch of different systems that people use ranging from VHF to EDACS to P25, and we have a bunch of patched frequencies/talkgroups together so people can talk to each other. I wouldn't know too much about this setup as I don't live in Tennessee, but maybe the good people on the Tennessee forums have an answer for you. Hope I helped in some way!

Last edited:

vans113

Premium Subscriber
I have seen that but they can switch over but they have to talk to a dispatch who plays the middle man on their talk groups, like In the fire trucks here we have analog radios in the trucks to talk to other people but police have none. Which sucks honestly

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.