Clayton State Police New Digital TRBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buttabean

Well i can say this much for tha new MOTOTRBO Digi-tale radio system that clayton state college police has just put into service a month ago, it is reeking havoc on everything that i monitor with! It bleeds into the clayton county police frequencies & stateband channels on my scanner along with other VHF frequencies. I hear it on MURS, and all the VHF business channels also (Red dot, blue dot, purple dot). Its also gettin into the 2meter HAM frequencies that i listen to over the scanner & even the HAM radios themselves are picking up the Digital Data noises whenever they are using their new system. I live directly behind the college & im so close to them that their system breaks open the squelch on every radio i have turned on. I guess it doesnt matter since this county is going to encrypted digital P25 anyways! But for Now it sounds like everyones talking in analog/digital simultaneously whenever theres a open repeater signal up! Nothing can be done to fix this that im aware of so its another fine day of scanning in Clayton County!

DickH

Well i can say this much for tha new MOTOTRBO Digi-tale radio system that clayton state college police has just put into service a month ago, it is reeking havoc on everything that i monitor with! It bleeds into the clayton county police frequencies & stateband channels on my scanner along with other VHF frequencies. I hear it on MURS, and all the VHF business channels also (Red dot, blue dot, purple dot). Its also gettin into the 2meter HAM frequencies that i listen to over the scanner & even the HAM radios themselves are picking up the Digital Data noises whenever they are using their new system. I live directly behind the college & im so close to them that their system breaks open the squelch on every radio i have turned on. I guess it doesnt matter since this county is going to encrypted digital P25 anyways! But for Now it sounds like everyones talking in analog/digital simultaneously whenever theres a open repeater signal up! Nothing can be done to fix this that im aware of so its another fine day of scanning in Clayton County!

If your scanner has an attenuator that might help.

Buttabean

If your scanner has an attenuator that might help.

With the hole im down in the attenuation function knocks out half of the signals that do come in & their 60Watt repeater system is pretty powerful enough to even break thru with it on. Im waiting to see if the Spivey Hall Concert Auditorium on their campus receives any interference from it cause they use 154.570MHz MURS Ch.4 with a digital DCS of 074 to communicate to each other whenever they are running out of seats and to let each other know whats gonna happen in between scenes & so forth so they too may not be happy with their public safety new radio equipment as well! Their police force has less than ⅛ - ¼ of a mile of jurisdiction to cover & why they'd want a system like that is beyond my understnading anyways! They still have a active repeater monitoring on 151.055MHz CT:192.8 that ive only heard come up one time & a unit number was called with no response so i dont know what they tryin to do or prove.

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
Call good old Uncle Charlie down at the FCC and let him now about the bleed over. But Uncle Charlie won't listen too much unless you are one of the actual users that are being effected.

Status
Not open for further replies.