RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > General Scanning Discussion

General Scanning Discussion For general questions not specific to a model of scanner or general discussion of use of a scanner. Location specific posts should be directed to the regional forums listed below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-22-2013, 1:23 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Scanner frequency database app for android

Has any one seen a scanner frequecy database app that will work on android os
Sponsored links
Old 04-22-2013, 5:18 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I use the RadioReference Mobile App. Only one that I know of.

RR Mobile

Last edited by W8RMH; 04-22-2013 at 5:27 AM..
Old 04-22-2013, 7:08 PM
Mentor
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default Re: Scanner frequency database app for android

Are you looking for an app to access the RR database? Or an app to maintain your own on your phone? Either way I don't think I've seen either. I keep my own database in Excel and use Evernote (and now Google Keep) to keep my notes synced across my devices.
Old 04-22-2013, 8:17 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I have the Tapatak app on my tablet I was just looking to see if any one has made a frequency database for android to putt frequencies in I have one for windows. Just wondered if there was an app. Thanks

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk HD
Old 04-25-2013, 9:50 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I use a HansDB app on my Ipad to confirm lookup or manual program.., Ill import my spreadsheets to the app and only update a networked copy in excel when I get home...If im really doing lots of procurement and ctcss/dcs/nac logging ill build an append query in Access and update my master excel file after entering all my new data in a importable table from a spreadsheet or written notes..., saves a lot of time on duplicates but the entry is just too slow for me when im monitoring to update a soft copy on a laptop real-time. I need a dedicated I/O radio sidekick lol or an app that supports a quicker entry form and processing like access to check for duplicates or freqs that are +/- 15 kHz plus compare it against repeater pair inputs that have different input tones.....just too many data queries to integrate in a non networked mobile app... and even networked I dont think it would be quick enough when im logging.

It would be ideal to build a SQL form that appends a database and have it network hosted somewhere but....im usually out of cell coverage when im radioing and its just not efficient to crunch data and research* what I found at the same time... while im in the field.... Im sure there’s some good apps out there that would work if they can support the complex queries.

so basically... get data, process data against collected data, research clues such as landmarks unit numbers mentioned time zones etc, compare against existing fcc licenses, friends db's, automated logged (like search and store) db's, adjacent frequency comparisons, check against known inputs, check those for adjacent freq comparisons, update master record, share with colleagues. Do it again!
Sponsored links