LoJack Hit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dispatrick

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; DROID2 Build/4.5.1_57_DR4-51) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I keep the LoJack Frequency in my scanner. I know the towers occasionally make the databurst sound, but this was a long steady tone for over a minute and then dropped, now im hearing the databurst and its every 5 seconds. Any clue as to why? Could it be a hit?

Thanks!

Last edited:

ecps92

Too many Dept's inquiring on the Code

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; DROID2 Build/4.5.1_57_DR4-51) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I keep the LoJack Frequency in my scanner. I know the towers occasionally make the databurst sound, but this was a long steady tone for over a minute and then dropped, now im hearing the databurst and its every 5 seconds. Any clue as to why? Could it be a hit?

Thanks!

Dispatrick

Premium Subscriber
I know this is an old thread...

I was just curious has anyone ever really heard a LoJack hit on their scanner? I'm not 100% sure what I heard last summer was an actual hit.

ecps92

I've used my Scanner and an Old Weather Cube to track them.
Weather Cubes work well in parking garages

I know this is an old thread...

I was just curious has anyone ever really heard a LoJack hit on their scanner? I'm not 100% sure what I heard last summer was an actual hit.

Essexscan

PGMAN89 I guess you missed the good years at Radio Shack. The Weather Cube was/is (RadioShack might still have something similar) a small battery powered NOAA receiver that was a small cube sized ( about the size of a note pad cube when new) that ran on 9Volt batteries and had a touch bar on top. you set it to receive one freq and just hit the touch switch on top to listen. They were very popular for a long time everybody had one. The early version of the weather alert radios of today

reconrider8

stupid question alert!!! what would a weather cube have to do with lojack lol or can you program in different frequencies for it to sit on?

nd5y

Weather cubes were not "programmable". They had a small tuning knob recessed on the bottom of the case that allowed you to tune it to the local wx frequency. They were also easy to modify to operate on other frequencies.

Dispatrick

Premium Subscriber
LoJack Hit

@ ecps92

what did it sound like when there was a hit in the area? was it just like the regular occasional tower burst or was there a different tone/sound that you would hear?

davenlr

Premium Subscriber
This the same kind of system the banks use with the radio transmitter hidden inside a money pack? Im almost sure those were on like 249 Mhz or so, and the police cars with the three antennas in a triangle on the trunk could track the money pack using a directional pointer inside the car. Anyone know the exact frequency of that system?

nd5y

This the same kind of system the banks use with the radio transmitter hidden inside a money pack? Im almost sure those were on like 249 Mhz or so, and the police cars with the three antennas in a triangle on the trunk could track the money pack using a directional pointer inside the car. Anyone know the exact frequency of that system?
Some types use the Low Power Radio Service frequencies in the 216-220 MHz band.

§95.629 LPRS transmitter frequencies.
(a) LPRS transmitters may operate on any frequency listed in paragraphs (b), (c), and (d) of this section. Channels 19, 20, 50, and 151-160 are available exclusively for law enforcement tracking purposes...

Last edited:

ecps92

Two different systems. Lojack for Vehicles is VHF and Bait Money is usually 200 Mhz. LoJack now has a sub-division using the 200 Mhz to track missing Persons

davenlr

Premium Subscriber
Status
Not open for further replies.