NMO hole wave/uneven?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ngawx

I recently purchased a 2003 Crown Vic decommissioned police car. About to use a NMO hole that was already drilled in the roof for a antenna to run my BCT15X. However today i pulled the plug and there is a slight wave/unevenness to the roof at one part of the hole. Also some paint is missing around the hole (no rust). Am I going to run into leaks/problems with this? Or when I install the NMO mount will that "flatten" the wave/unevenness? What could I do about the paint missing around the hole? I performed a search here and it turned up nothing, but I am sure that someone has run into this before.

Thank you before hand!

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Don't sweat it. Someone pushed too hard drilling. If the missing paint is on the inside that's good. It's how NMO mounts achieve ground. If its outside use touch up paint.

You may never get the wrinkle out. But it's no worry.

No bits were harmed in the posting of this message.

ngawx

Thanks you guys! Feel better about it now. was thinking that I ran into a big problem. The mount should be here in a few days so we will see how it goes!

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Keep us posted on how it goes.

No bits were harmed in the posting of this message.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
the bend is from an antenna getting snagged at a car wash. We have fixed those plenty of times..Unless the hole is ovaled they shouldn't leak once a new NMO is installed

Status
Not open for further replies.