Searching FCC database

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmg1969

I have a question about the best method for searching the FCC database for frequencies assigned to my home county. They are in the process of working with the FCC to obtain new frequencies for a new system to replace their current VHF low band radio system.

I want to check periodically to determine if new frequencies have been assigned to them and what those frequencies are. I do have a contact with the county EMA and I check in with him every few months. However, I don't want to wear out my welcome as he has been more than willing to answer my queries.

This is the link I have been using. License Search - Geographic Search

I simply use the State/County search and look through the results for entries for my county among those for the state, businesses, etc.

Is this the best method or is there an easier way to determine if they have been granted new frequencies?

Thanks in advance!

mike619

How does someone find frequencies for a business at certain locations in the license search like i.e Towing company,Cab company etc?

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Enter rough coordinates and a search radius. If you have a rough idea of the frequency, enter that in the frequency range. Personally I've had better luck with the advanced search.

DickH

... I simply use the State/County search and look through the results for entries for my county among those for the state, businesses, etc.

The problem I have run into is you need the exact wording. For example, :Green County" or "Green, county of" or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.