RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > General Scanning Discussion

General Scanning Discussion For general questions not specific to a model of scanner or general discussion of use of a scanner. Location specific posts should be directed to the regional forums listed below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-10-2014, 7:51 PM
ScanNewEngland Webmaster
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Scan New England Website Issues

Scan New England is in the midst of a considerable meltdown that by all signs is the result of an even larger meltdown on the part of the webhost, 1&1. I noticed about a week ago that things were considerably slowing down, and a few days after that started getting numerous error message emails generated by SNE's vBulletin forums software. All have had the common message:

MySQL Error : MySQL server has gone away
Error Number : 2006

As I've researched further I've found that apparently I'm not alone, and that a widespread issue with 1&1 is in progress. Their technical support is about as bad as it gets thus far; perhaps they're just overwhelmed by the volume of problems but it really is atrocious. I certainly made no changes to the website that would facilitate such a meltdown. I thought it may have been hacked, but as I research further I'm 99 and 44/100's % sure that's not the problem.

So....the forums are hosed, the Wiki isn't much better, and we're down until 1&1 decides to do something about it, or I demand our money back (I just paid for 3 more years of hosting less than two weeks ago) and move to another host.

And so it goes.....just FYI if anyone's wondering what happened.
Sponsored links