Go wireless 106

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

retiredmich

Is it possible to go wireless for 106 police scanner ?

R

retiredmich

I was thinking on the line of a " Transmitter / Receiver, like a cell phone ear bud. Is there such a product ?

QDP2012

I was thinking on the line of a " Transmitter / Receiver, like a cell phone ear bud. Is there such a product ?

If I understand what you are asking... The RS 106 scanner does not have a bluetooth handsfree headset feature built-in. To have that kind of wireless ear-bud, you might need to do something like this:

Make a Bluetooth Mono Headset/Mic on the cheap

Hope this helps,

Disclaimer: I have no experience with the above product. It was simply a result of a quick Google-search. Other better solutions might be found with additional searching.

Last edited:

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
I use a bluetooth transmitter with my Pro-106 from time to time. I purchased it from Monoprice.com for around $20.
Bluetooth® Transmitter and Splitter - Monoprice.com

It easily works to the 30 feet as advertised and get's funky for me after 50 feet. Your milage may vary. It works fine with my Jabra BT headset and Exoger BT speaker. I do not use any adapters with the BT transmitter. It just plugs right in to the earphone on the 106.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I use a bluetooth transmitter with my Pro-106 from time to time. I purchased it from Monoprice.com for around $20.
Bluetooth® Transmitter and Splitter - Monoprice.com

It easily works to the 30 feet as advertised and get's funky for me after 50 feet. Your milage may vary. It works fine with my Jabra BT headset and Exoger BT speaker. I do not use any adapters with the BT transmitter. It just plugs right in to the earphone on the 106.

This could be useful. I could see hacking on one, integrating it to some equipment.

Sent via Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.