JVCKenwood corporation to acquire EF Johnson Technologies

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonBon

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Feed Provider
I just heard about this now. Anyone have any information?

SOURCE PR NEWSWIRE
JVCKENWOOD Corporation to Acquire EF Johnson Technologies, Inc. -- IRVING, Texas, Jan. 31, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --

IRVING, Texas, Jan. 31, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- EF Johnson Technologies, Inc. announced today that JVCKENWOOD Corporation has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire the company from its current owner, Francisco Partners. The transaction is expected to be completed in the first quarter of 2014 subject to regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions. This pending acquisition is integral to JVCKENWOOD's overall strategic initiative to increase its focus on professional communications, especially the U.S. public safety market.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stephen

I was at a conference recently with a regional manager for JVC Kenwood. They are going to have EF Johnson continue to focus on P-25, while Kenwood gives more of a focus on smaller P25 Systems, NXDN Business and other LMR systems. EF Johnson is approved for Federal contracts, which is what Kenwood wanted to get on board for.

RonBon

Feed Provider
Kenwood products should be getting better I hope. Ef's audio technology is market leading. The second radio I ever bought was the tk3140 when I was 14. Used it to learn LTR and simplex/duplexing. It still works today. Kenwood has a special place in my heart.

RonBon

Feed Provider
News to me. I live under a rock. A damp and dark hole from which there is no escaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.