Home Patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsmith777

Premium Subscriber
I have a brand new Home Patrol1 and am having a lot of difficulty using it, when I enter my zip code it comes up with the wrong location, the location it shows is about 65-70 miles from my home . Additionally, I can't find the frequency or location of the law enforcement location I want to listen to. Can anyone help? Thanks

tsmith777

Premium Subscriber
Dan, I updated the firmware and data base as soon as I plugged it in and it still gives the wrong location when I enter the zip code. I followed all the on screen instructions.

N8IAA

Dan, I updated the firmware and data base as soon as I plugged it in and it still gives the wrong location when I enter the zip code. I followed all the on screen instructions.

Are you setting the receive range to a smaller radius so it knows what to program?
Larry

Voyager

Are you setting the receive range to a smaller radius so it knows what to program?
Larry

Actually, that might not matter. I've found some systems have coverage ranges up to 50 miles and more when their service area is a fraction of that, so even with a range of 0 it might load something 50 miles away.

I would like to hear more about what it is showing that is wrong after the zip code is entered. Maybe some details would be in order.

tsmith777

Premium Subscriber
After entering the Zip, it shows the number of channels and then says the range, listen, and service. it seems that any one of those selections does nothing. If I select listen it shows three different locations, none of which is active. I am trying to listen to the Contra Costa Sheriff East county. I have that up as one of the three and there is a lock in the display. The Zip I entered is 94561. I came up with a different City that is 65 miles away. Is this a defective unit?

tsmith777

Premium Subscriber
Home Patrol 1

It just goes through all the data bases. I have found the unit I want to monitor, now how do I save it to the favorites list so that when I turn it on I can go to favorites and tap on the one I want and it will work?

Status
Not open for further replies.