All Scanner's the some

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

retiredmich

When programing scanner's, are all scanner's the same as far as programing them to a scan list ? in other words when I program DIGITAL TSYS in my RS pro 106 it duplicates what I program in it AUOTOMATICALY, Do ALL DIGITAL scanner's do that ?

RDGDigital

My Pro-106 doesn't duplicate anything unless I duplicate something myself. So I'm not sure what you're seeing. I don't program directly from the scanner, I usually use Win500 though, but I don't believe that should make a difference.

Last edited:
R

retiredmich

So if yours don't do that then WHY does mine ? is there a setting to change some where? I have NEVER used duplicate. Is there a difference in using soft ware & doing manually ? I cant see where it would make a diff.

marksmith

Don't know what you are referring to on duplication. Sll digital or trunking scanners program relatively similarly. You tell it what kind of system (moto, p25, edacs, etc), you enter the trunking frequencies and you can monitor at that point.

Further entries of talkgroups, radio id's etc to get more precise.

"TSYS" and "Scanlist" is a term only in GRE, Radio Shack or Whistler scanners. In Uniden scanners you have departments (or groups) within a system and quick keys to toggle on or off.

BCD536HP/HP2/996XT/PSR800/396XT/996T

RDGDigital

So if yours don't do that then WHY does mine ? is there a setting to change some where? I have NEVER used duplicate. Is there a difference in using soft ware & doing manually ? I cant see where it would make a diff.

I can't think of any reason it would duplicate anything automatically.

I doubt this will help, but I have a few questions just to see if there is something we both may have overlooked.

Are you programming by hand? I see you're a Premium Member so are you using software to program? If so, are you using the Web Import feature, or just entering information into the software? What system are you programming? By duplicate are you talking about a conventional frequency, a talk group or a trunking system? If you're using software, maybe you could show us a screen shot.

Again, even if you provide the above I probably won't see anything, but I thought it was worth a shot.

R

retiredmich

This is to every one who is trying to help me with my scanner, I have a RS PRO 106 & I program it manually, I have never used a soft ware. What happens is that when I program TSYS in the P25 Digital program on a scan list , my scanner AUTOMATICALLY duplicates what I program to another scan list
even though I have ALL other scan list turned OFF. I have not had this problem be for. I have no problem with Conventional only TSYS DIGITAL P25. When I program on scan list #4 it will duplicate to scan list #5, when I delete #5 it deletes on #4. I think there is some thing wrong with my 106.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
This is to every one who is trying to help me with my scanner, I have a RS PRO 106 & I program it manually, I have never used a soft ware. What happens is that when I program TSYS in the P25 Digital program on a scan list , my scanner AUTOMATICALLY duplicates what I program to another scan list
even though I have ALL other scan list turned OFF. I have not had this problem be for. I have no problem with Conventional only TSYS DIGITAL P25. When I program on scan list #4 it will duplicate to scan list #5, when I delete #5 it deletes on #4. I think there is some thing wrong with my 106.

You're misunderstanding what you are seeing on the display. The numbers on the top left corner SS-OOOO (Scan List - Object Number) shows the scanlist you are currently in followed by the object number. The SS will change based on the scanlist you are in, but the OOOO will be exactly the same from one list to another. This means that this is the exact same object, so if you have 01-1234 and you have 15-1234, they are the same object #1234, not a duplicate. If you delete object #1234, then 01-1234 and 15-1234 will both disappear.

jhal94

Premium Subscriber
When you create or save a TG on the 106 by hand it automatically assigns it to whatever scanlist you had it on, you have to un-assign it from that scanlist .

What you're probably doing is assigning it to a different scanlist without un-assigning it from whatever one it was created on. It's really annoying but thats the way it is, go to the programmed talkgroup, hit the PGM button, edit, select current then go to scanlists and it should have *(whatever scanlist it is assigned to and *(whatever other scanlist you have also assigned), hover over the scanlist number and hit the selector to unassign it.

R

retiredmich

I called G&G Comunication to day & he told me to turn off all scan list but the one i will be programing
so it will only go to the one that is open. It's weard because it just started doing this not long ago. So right now all is well, SO FAR ! I appreciate all the help on this.

marksmith

Its actually a nice feature whrn you get used to working with it. You can have 5 or 6 different full trunking systens programmed into their own scanlists.

And then, without having to enter any additional talkgroups, you can, for example, decide you would like to have one scanlist that does just all the fire departments only from those other scanlists.

You just call up the existing objects and add your new scanlist number for those specific objects you want to hear. If you turn all scanlists off but that new one when scanning, it will scan all the other systems and only come alive for activity in those fire department talkgroups you picked.

It is confusing at first, but can do something other scanners can't once you figure it out.

BCD536HP/HP2/996XT/PSR800/396XT/996T

R

retiredmich

Yes I do know that about putting diff departments in diff scan list, I have done that. What I was having a
problem with was Duplications. But I got help on that. But I need to redo my list's. And I also do only manually programing, I have never used soft ware.

SCPD

QRT
Since you are on this website I assume you own a computer, unless you have to go to a library to use one. If you do have a computer then spent the money, about $30-$40 dollars and get the software. It is more simple to use than programming by hand. You can then see what you have programmed into one list. As someone else mentioned, you can then import, from the Radio Reference database, radio systems that can be a bit complex and confusing at times. The result is far fewer problems with how things work and the time saved is enormous. I like the Starrsoft software for the GRE, Radio Shack scanners. I don't use any of the free software as the Starrsoft is more intuitive and organized better. As well, I like how it looks.

Being able to see how all the channels are entered into the radio makes finding mistakes far easier than using the radio manually. Can you proof read an entire page of writing word by word or sentence by sentence? No, because you can't see the big picture. Why then try to program a scanner channel by channel. If I want to make sure my PSR-500 will turn on the display light on every channel, I hit select all and hit one button and know that every channel will light up on each reception. If I know every frequency needs to be set to Narrow FM I do the same. If I have an agency that uses all CTCSS or is a conventional digital with NAC's I just highlight the channels of that system and enter hit one button thus saving a lot of time entering NAC channel by channel and will probably make a mistake if I program channel by channel.

I'm not entirely sure how one object duplicated on other scan lists as I rarely program my scanners manually, but if you figured out how to stop it, then great. The advantage of being able to include one object in several lists is to use the memory more efficiently. For example, in California there are two universal frequencies in every law enforcement VHF High radio, CLEMARS (California Law Enforcement Mutual Aid Radio System) and CALCORD (California Coordination). They need to be in every public state/local list I have in my radios, which is usually 14-16 lists per file I'm able to include these in multiple lists without reprogramming them in each list.

The small amount of money spent on software would have prevented the problem you related here and will prevent many other problems. I have 18 files of more than 1000-1600 objects and more. I have one for each area in California, Arizona and Nevada. The other two files are chosen from New Mexico, Colorado and Oregon and I put those into the two files I keep open on the radio for the places I visit infrequently. I have enough trouble keeping these up to date and could not possibly accomplish without computer software.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.