interrupted reception

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMSquid

While listening to my BC346XT, most of the time there is an interruption during the communications. This interruption is about every second to 2 seconds, cutting off the the conversation, making it extremely difficult to understand what anyone is talking about. What causes this, and can I stop it?

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
You probably have your priority on. It will check you priority channels every 2 sec. Go into Menu, to Priority, and turn off.
Some of the newer scanners like the 436HP/536HP have a Priority DND (do not disturb) feature that will allow priority monitoring, but will not interrupt when you actually are listening to a channel or talk group.
Steve AA6IO

EMSquid

That's exactly what it sounds like, I've checked, what I think is all the priority settings, they all seem to be in the off position. I'm going to reset my scanner, & reprogram. This time I will not touch any priority settings, will get back to you.
Thank you

EMSquid

Ok, before I reset, and reprogrammed the scanner, I found the closest call priority on. Correcting this priority to my desired off position, seems to have done the job!
WooooooooHoooooooooo!
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.