Is this resonator suitable for my radio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sangaa

Hello

I want to design a mini radio, as it is one of my homework..

But as I don't quite clearly know about the resonators, I want to ask for your help.

I have checked online and found some ceramic resonators, and chose this one: CSBLA400KECE-B0 .(Click the datasheet for your reference: http://www.kynix.com/uploadfiles/pdf0125/CSBLA400KECE-B0.pdf ) Now can anyone ansewer me the following questions:

1.What are the advantages and disadvantages of this type if I use it in my radio?

2.Some one will use quartz crystal resonators when designing communication equipment, is it OK for me to use ceramic resonator rather than the crystal one?

3.Do you have any other choice of the resonator?

Thank you advance !

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
You need to give more information on the type of circuit, the frequency and desired bandwidth.

Crystal and ceramic basically operate on the same principal. Crystal should give a sharper rolloff.

Of course, there are other choices. LC filtration is the old standby and there are many types of circuits. Software exists to design these different types of filters.

jim202

As you have been asked, more info is required to be of any help.

The selection you have made looks like it is for 500 KHz. I guess the question now is just what are you trying to do at 500 KHz.?

Lack of details equals lack of answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.