Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Why would they need to hear you?

My thoughts also. They channels may be murs if it's vhf but I see same you do if the op doesn't work there.

To answer basically on topic they most likely use a tone set. If they have had issues in past. I have seen some wal mart use uhf business, or murs, and some using the 900mhz frequency hopper cheap rigs (cheap to them) if they had continuous issues.

While murs is legal for anyone on type accepted equipment it is illegal to intentionally jam or cause interference. It is also a fast way to be criminally trespassed from a lowes hardware and wal mart or Sam club if caught and believe me people have been.

KB7MIB

Maybe they can hear you, but are trained to ignore non-employees who attempt to talk to them via radio. Which is probably a good policy.

There is no valid reason to need to talk to them. They are busy trying to do their jobs. Their radio is a tool that they use to do their jobs. It's not a toy. It's not meant to be used for idle chit-chat with customers. And if you need help finding something, talk to an employee face to face.

John
Peoria, AZ

Mrbadness

Cause I work there and I know what the frequency is. I know radio electronics well. They say they can't afford give me a radio but if I have one I can use it. But no one knows the code to break the squelch. So they don't hear me but I hear them

ipfd320

Banned
Was at the Wall Mart in Port Salerno Florida a Couple of Days Ago-They were Using these Radios----

MOTOROLA RDU2080D--and if you Ask How I Know I Looked at It sitting on the Distribution Cart the Girl was Using---This Radio is Not a Murs Unit

The Motorola RDU2080D is a 2 Watt 8 Channel UHF two way radio with display.

The Motorola RDU2080D operates on 89 UHF two way radio Business Exclusive Frequencies and offers 122 Privacy Codes to ensure private two way radio communication.

Power and Coverage

The Motorola RDX Series - RDU2080D provides coverage of up to 250,000 sq. ft., 20 floors, and up to 1 - 2 miles

This Radio has Been Discontinued the Price was Going for Around 239.00 Dollars and Replaced by this Unit-- MOTOROLA RMU2080D for 249.00 Dollars------http://www.twowayradiosfor.com/default.asp

Motorola RDU2080d | Two Way Radios | RDX Radio | Walkie Talkie

LINK for Specs on the RMU2080D Radio
Motorola RMU2080D | 2 Watt 8 Channel UHF Two Way Radio with Display Screen

frazpo

Walmart can afford radios for those they want to use them. This is your first post on RR. I think you are just wanting to wreak havoc with their radio communications. Not a good idea if that is the case.

N8IAA

I am finding that hard to believe also.

Not true. I worked in a nationally known big box store. There were never enough radios for everyone. We had to share. Bought my own, took a scanner to work, found the CTCSS/DPS by keying up the store radio. Never had a problem.
What I find hard to believe is that he works at the store. There are a lot of people who just like to interfere. Especially with a Baofeng radio. :roll:
Larry

frazpo

The excuse “can’t afford” was the issue. Hard to believe that a manager of Walmart would tell an employee that he couldn’t have radio due to the company not being able to afford them. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
I'm with (almost) everyone else. The OP needs to walk away from the radio, employee or not

Will001

Premium Subscriber
I think it's hilarious to see how people have gone nuts over a guy asking why his fellow employees can't hear him. My advice to the OP is to ask whoever programmed the other radios what the privacy code is.

frazpo

Lol. There’s one of these posts in every controversial discussion. Congrats on being the first. This is the stance to try to make everyone sound stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.