RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners, Receivers and Related Equipment Forums > General Scanning Discussion

General Scanning Discussion - For general questions not specific to a model of scanner or general discussion of use of a scanner. Manufacturer specific posts should be directed to the appropriate forums below and location specific posts should go in the appropriate regional forum..

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-25-2018, 3:59 PM

Car 4 says to dispatch at aprox 2:00am found a dead animal in the road its a cat please call it in to have it removed. Car 5 says to car 4 do you need a second car there? Car 4 responds with Ummmm.... no. The tone of car 4 voice with his response ummmm... no was hilarious. I think car 5 was seriously bored.
Sponsored links
Old 02-01-2018, 5:45 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

"complainant is calling from the ER and is having seizures, can't get up and is requesting an ambulance, he's calling from a dead cell phone"
Old 02-01-2018, 7:46 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

January 30, 2018. Bridge from Middlesex, Va to Lancaster, Va..... Person on the Norris bridge got out of the car he\she was driving (on the top of bridge) to take a picture of the full moon. Wind blew the drivers door shut and the doors locked while the car was running. Good thing they were using a cell phone to take the pictures. Had to call for help to get a lock-out kit to get back in the car. Incident shut down bridge....Woops!
Old 02-01-2018, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricktal1965 View Post
Wind blew the drivers door shut and the doors locked while the car was running.
On the rare occasion I step out of a running vehicle, I roll down my window to prepare for a situation just like this.
Old 02-01-2018, 2:58 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

FD Dispatch: Youll be responding to a resident stuck on a roof, his ladder has fallen.
Sponsored links
Old 02-10-2018, 12:27 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Dispatcher: 2324?
Replies: 2324
Dispatcher: Toilet paper
Replies: 10-4
Old 02-10-2018, 2:14 AM

Last week I heard two people casually talking about random topcs and their location on the Sheriff's Dept dispatch frequency. They had the right ctcss tones and everything so dispatch heard them and informed them they were on the MCSO frequency and the chatter promptly stopped. I'm sure they were intentionally on the frequency though because they had the repeater input frequency, and ctcss tone.
Old 02-10-2018, 2:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHAS12 View Post
Last week I heard two people casually talking about random topcs and their location on the Sheriff's Dept dispatch frequency. They had the right ctcss tones and everything so dispatch heard them and informed them they were on the MCSO frequency and the chatter promptly stopped. I'm sure they were intentionally on the frequency though because they had the repeater input frequency, and ctcss tone.
I've also heard people transmitting on the local PD frequency before.
Old 02-10-2018, 2:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
"complainant is calling from the ER and is having seizures, can't get up and is requesting an ambulance, he's calling from a dead cell phone"
I've heard medical calls from the parking lot of the hospital before. Seizures and fall victims seem to be what I hear most. I guess the hospital can't help them unless they're inside?
Old 02-10-2018, 6:04 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
I've heard medical calls from the parking lot of the hospital before. Seizures and fall victims seem to be what I hear most. I guess the hospital can't help them unless they're inside?
correct the Drs and nurses insurance is useless in the parking lot so they have to call the Ambulance to take them inside
Old 02-13-2018, 10:18 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:

Iíve heard that itís a liability issue, one time many years ago I was leaving the hospital at night, and a man managed to fall down the stairs and was on his side. They had to call an ambulance because it wasnít on their property technically, he was on the sidewalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-13-2018, 9:29 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

the last week i was home, there was an active labor and delivery call at the hospital. Caller had managed to get to the hospital (drove herself) but was in active labor, in her car, and she wasnt sure which parking lot she was in. FD, EMS, University security and hospital staff were all out looking for her. GPS ping was off by about 1/4 mile (probably because she was in her car, and her phone was probably within 50 feet of the cell site on the hospital garage.

It was a race to see who found her first.

Hospital security and a random nurse won. Baby was delivered inside the ER.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:05 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Madrabbit, your name jogged my memory. Back in '76, I was on patrol in my '74 Galaxy, about midnight on a late spring Sunday night. Something stopped in front of my cruiser and I immediately called my dispatch (we didn't have 911 back then, that was years later). "25, Dispatch". "Go ahead". (Our city dispatch was Budd C., RIP, and he was our internet. He was a walking encyclopedia and when we needed some kind of weird info, he was our go to person.) Continuing: "Budd, how big do rabbits get?" He answered, "Barry, some rabbits get pretty big, why?" "I have one looking at me over the hood of my cruiser right now". Budd replied, "You must be on Peach Street." "Affirmative," I replied, "How'd you know?" Budd answers, "Mr. XXX raises Himalayan Giants and one of them must have escaped." Did I mention that it was a dark and stormy night with an approaching thunderstorm?
Old 02-13-2018, 10:25 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB4BF View Post
Madrabbit, your name jogged my memory. Back in '76, I was on patrol in my '74 Galaxy, about midnight on a late spring Sunday night. Something stopped in front of my cruiser and I immediately called my dispatch (we didn't have 911 back then, that was years later). "25, Dispatch". "Go ahead". (Our city dispatch was Budd C., RIP, and he was our internet. He was a walking encyclopedia and when we needed some kind of weird info, he was our go to person.) Continuing: "Budd, how big do rabbits get?" He answered, "Barry, some rabbits get pretty big, why?" "I have one looking at me over the hood of my cruiser right now". Budd replied, "You must be on Peach Street." "Affirmative," I replied, "How'd you know?" Budd answers, "Mr. XXX raises Himalayan Giants and one of them must have escaped." Did I mention that it was a dark and stormy night with an approaching thunderstorm?
Hahahahaha

John
Peoria, AZ
Old 02-14-2018, 4:49 PM

Default Himalayan Giants ?

Himalayan Giants ? ok we are googling that right now. i can see a donny darko-meets-montey python and the holy grail fun lies in my future.
Old 02-14-2018, 7:23 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Tonight.
Dispatch: Caller advises a 4 wheeler fell of the back of the truck and the driver didn't notice and kept driving.
Cop: Ya I saw that earlier I'll go back and check it out.
Cop later: Where do you find the VIN on a Honda?
Other Cop: On the frame.
Old 02-14-2018, 7:45 PM

From local pd. I was the dspatcher, so I know it happened. "4 to hq. it's really slippery out here, send dpw with more ice. 10-4 sarge, more sand. He say's "no, more ice, i know what i'm talking about".
Old 02-15-2018, 10:48 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB4BF View Post
I guess that's the inspiration for the movie, "Night of the Lepus."
Old 02-18-2018, 5:33 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Local PD gets some kind of a dispute call involving a mother and daughter, I didn't hear the entire call but had something to do with "Act 64" which is a drug violation. A few seconds later dispatch calls again to advise that the mother may be armed with an iron.
Old 02-18-2018, 8:29 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I think the craziest call I heard was last fall. Caller states that he let a young couple who claimed to be broken down use his bathroom after 3 days they are still in there and he thought it was time to call the police. The couple was gone when the cops arrived but there was evidence they were there.

Tags