RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners, Receivers and Related Equipment Forums > General Scanning Discussion

General Scanning Discussion - For general questions not specific to a model of scanner or general discussion of use of a scanner. Manufacturer specific posts should be directed to the appropriate forums below and location specific posts should go in the appropriate regional forum..

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-22-2018, 1:57 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Not heard on radio, but I can just imagine the story that came into dispatch, and the fire investigator

Man using smoke bomb to get rid of skunks destroys home | WNCN
Sponsored links
Old 02-22-2018, 2:28 PM

"pat him down before going into the house, make sure a cop is watching him" "mike is going to the bathroom, can someone go with him?" "she is someone we are setting up a restraining order on like everyone keep her back". ---during taping of jersey shore tv show
Old 02-22-2018, 4:36 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapman987 View Post
Not heard on radio, but I can just imagine the story that came into dispatch, and the fire investigator

Several years ago my department responded to a garage fire that turned out to be caused by the owner trying to get rid of paper wasps by throwing gasoline on the nests...while smoking. Like the old saying goes, "If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough."

My catch of the week, on a school bus TGRP:

"Base, 401, my left mirror is banging on the side of my bus and it's about to fall off. Do I need another bus?"

"Can you still see to drive?"

"Yes, but the mirror is about to fall off!"

"You don't need another bus if you can proceed. Deliver your kids and bring it in after you get done. We got more mirrors here, that's what they're for."

"If it falls off should I stop and pick it up?"

"I wouldn't bother if I was you."
Old Yesterday, 2:43 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapman987 View Post

This is from my area, but I haven't heard of anyone having that audio. If I hear of anyone having it, I will share.

Sent using Tapatalk
Old Yesterday, 6:25 PM

And having driven a bus (years ago) that would be a major safety violation. The mirrors on school buses are adjusted so that the driver can see where the rear wheels meet the ground - to be able to see if a kid drops his books and goes after them. We were trained to check the mirrors on both sides before pulling out from a stop. And even if we just "readjusted" a mirror (say, on a low hanging branch) we were to stop and readjust it immediately!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ11DLN View Post
Several years ago my department responded to a garage fire that turned out to be caused by the owner trying to get rid of paper wasps by throwing gasoline on the nests...while smoking. Like the old saying goes, "If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough."

My catch of the week, on a school bus TGRP:

"Base, 401, my left mirror is banging on the side of my bus and it's about to fall off. Do I need another bus?"

"Can you still see to drive?"

"Yes, but the mirror is about to fall off!"

"You don't need another bus if you can proceed. Deliver your kids and bring it in after you get done. We got more mirrors here, that's what they're for."

"If it falls off should I stop and pick it up?"

"I wouldn't bother if I was you."
Sponsored links
Old Yesterday, 8:15 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

On the way home from work today, I heard an ambulance call go out. The crew was directed to a car wreck on the local interstate; the driver had suffered a head injury that wouldn't stop bleeding. The cause of the wreck? He hit ... a turkey.

I don't know if he hit the turkey with the front of the car and the airbag sliced his head, or if he hit the turkey with the windshield.

Deer-car collisions around here are very common year-round, but that was the first turkey-car collision I've ever heard.
Old Yesterday, 10:41 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD5WLX View Post
And having driven a bus (years ago) that would be a major safety violation. The mirrors on school buses are adjusted so that the driver can see where the rear wheels meet the ground - to be able to see if a kid drops his books and goes after them. We were trained to check the mirrors on both sides before pulling out from a stop. And even if we just "readjusted" a mirror (say, on a low hanging branch) we were to stop and readjust it immediately!
That's why I rolled my eyes when I heard it. Drove a bus or 2 myself back in the day, and lots of trucks since then. Losing a mirror is always a bad situation. Letting one fall off and just leaving it on the road...whose genius idea was that?

Tags