RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners, Receivers and Related Equipment Forums > General Scanning Discussion

General Scanning Discussion - For general questions not specific to a model of scanner or general discussion of use of a scanner. Manufacturer specific posts should be directed to the appropriate forums below and location specific posts should go in the appropriate regional forum..

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-03-2018, 4:55 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScannerMan1989 View Post
Yesterday a half naked lady fell thru a roof in a fast food joint in another town close to here. It made John Boy and Billy's Dumb Crook News. Love JB and B
Just not the same without Raiford.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Sponsored links
Old 11-07-2018, 9:18 PM

Talking Raiford

Quote:
Originally Posted by KW4HKY View Post
Just not the same without Raiford.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
hear hear
Old 11-07-2018, 9:19 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapman987 View Post
Saw that on the news. Would have loved to listen to that.
Would have loved to SEEN that lol... check out her mugshot lol...
Old 11-07-2018, 10:33 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Head Smashed in with a hammer

"Hey what's the description of this kid besides white male?"
"Just look for the guy with his head smashed in with a hammer and that'll be the guy we're looking for."

I had to replay it on the scanner to video it and then I had to replay it about a dozen times to get the narrative correct!

I don't suppose there is a way I could attach the MOV file is there?
Old 11-08-2018, 1:15 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurgePGH View Post
You can post the link to a video share.

Sent using Tapatalk
Sponsored links
Old 11-15-2018, 4:56 PM

A local repeater had some upgrades and now when the callsign comes over once an hour, it now has a much more interesting voice of a sexy supermodel instead of that nails on chalkboard male voice.
Old 11-15-2018, 6:49 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Heard Central Dispatch tell a Battalion Chief that a certain Deputy wanted him to call his cellular the other day. The BC asked if the Dispatcher knew what it was about and the Dispatcher replied, "He's out on a lock-out...and the vehicle the driver is locked out of is an armored car. I imagine he wants to talk to you about that." Time to fire up the K-12 saw...
Old 11-15-2018, 7:23 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Quote:
"Just look for the guy with his head smashed in with a hammer and that'll be the guy we're looking for."

I had to replay it on the scanner to video it and then I had to replay it about a dozen times to get the narrative correct!

Upload to youtube and link it here. What scanner were you using btw? 436hp?
Old 11-16-2018, 2:56 PM

Default ROTFLMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ11DLN View Post
Heard Central Dispatch tell a Battalion Chief that a certain Deputy wanted him to call his cellular the other day. The BC asked if the Dispatcher knew what it was about and the Dispatcher replied, "He's out on a lock-out...and the vehicle the driver is locked out of is an armored car. I imagine he wants to talk to you about that." Time to fire up the K-12 saw...
WOW that just made my day lolz.... Just imagine the look on his bossman's face when he gets back to the office

This morning i heard two highway patrol officers having a little frendly competition about stopping a woman in a lexus suv texting... They go over to EVENTS1 talkgroup and I hear one of 'em say "whoohooo yah 10-81 (stopping violator) I26 Lexus SUV plate # so and so yadda yaddo..." I guess that he made his quota for the week
Old 11-20-2018, 6:26 PM

Today, a rider got on a transit bus and passed out. Medical and possibly police were sent to meet the bus at the end of the line. A transit supervisor responded and reported that "Well, they're not going to take him away by ambulance, he's going away by police car". Dispatcher replied "Well, I guess he should have woke up". Supervisor: "Well, that would've been the smart thing to do."

Also, I wish I still had the audio from back when regarding a call from a bus operator about "some walnuts that had fallen from a tree and were making things slippery". The supervisor responded to dispatch (supervisors don't communicate with buses directly) something like "You know what? You didn't just call me about that. You did, didn't you. OK, thanks. Bye. That's ridiculous."
Old 11-21-2018, 9:27 AM

Red face Snacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosecitytransit View Post
Today, a rider got on a transit bus and passed out. Medical and possibly police were sent to meet the bus at the end of the line. A transit supervisor responded and reported that "Well, they're not going to take him away by ambulance, he's going away by police car". Dispatcher replied "Well, I guess he should have woke up". Supervisor: "Well, that would've been the smart thing to do."

Also, I wish I still had the audio from back when regarding a call from a bus operator about "some walnuts that had fallen from a tree and were making things slippery". The supervisor responded to dispatch (supervisors don't communicate with buses directly) something like "You know what? You didn't just call me about that. You did, didn't you. OK, thanks. Bye. That's ridiculous."
I'da got out pick them up washed em and eat em or roasted em
Old 11-21-2018, 9:45 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2RNI View Post
Upload to youtube and link it here. What scanner were you using btw? 436hp?
Yes. The 436HP
Old 11-21-2018, 9:52 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:

https://youtu.be/NI_XhHbwkN8
Old 11-24-2018, 9:36 AM

This morning, a local mall security guard gets a call thru their radio from a merchant inside about them forgetting to turn the lights on in the whole building lol.... http://emoji.tapatalk-cdn.com/emoji23.png
Old 11-25-2018, 10:52 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
This morning, a local mall security guard gets a call thru their radio from a merchant inside about them forgetting to turn the lights on in the whole building lol.... http://emoji.tapatalk-cdn.com/emoji23.png
At the last place I worked they rebuilt the main office and for a long time as we would get phone calls to have the lights turned on during the weekends. Even after a memo sent out explaining security no longer controlled the lights.

Of course when they re-striped the main parking lot and put in real handicapped spaces. "No you can only parked there if you have handicapped placards or plates." But we always always parked there during the weekends. One guy who insisted in parking there came out to find a state violation ticket under his wipers. Security didn't call, but I know who did.
Old 11-27-2018, 4:25 PM

And a funny noise come thru my scanner but it wasn't a broadcast noise.... Folks don't ever let your batteries die in your Pro106 and its siblings, because when they do, if someone is speaking, it sounds like someone farting. Did this the other day
Old 11-28-2018, 8:02 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Smile

Quote:
And a funny noise come thru my scanner but it wasn't a broadcast noise.... Folks don't ever let your batteries die in your Pro106 and its siblings, because when they do, if someone is speaking, it sounds like someone farting. Did this the other day
The strangest sound that you have to hear at least once.
Old 12-01-2018, 2:35 PM

-Chicago PD July 23 2018 -

CPD dispatched to a possible grenade at a hotel

Unit: "It's probably another false alarm"
Disp: "10-4"
A few min. later...
Unit: "disp, it appears its a toy, possibly one of the chocolate things...
disp: "If it's chocolate, bring it back here"
unit: "10-4"
Old 12-01-2018, 11:11 PM

Red face Infant

After a wreck was called in, the dispatcher told the cop that "a one month old said he needed an ambulance for an evaluation"... How did he do that other than crying Dispatchers ruuuuuule!
Old 12-03-2018, 7:33 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Just heard on the local school bus frequency (bearing in mind that it's mating season for whitetail deer):

"Well I didn't see Santa Claus but I just saw reindeer doing calisthenics so that's a good sign, ain't it?"

Tags