Rebanding confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

wscranston

My apologies if this question is in the wrong forum. I have done extensive reading in the wiki about rebanding and get more and more confused the more I read. Background: I have a Uniden 996P2 and I am trying to program sites from the Massachusetts State Police (https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=736). Looking at the MCI Shirley Prison (42) site, I see frequencies that would seem to indicate that this is a rebanded site. E.g. 851.100 which, from the information I see at Rebanding - The RadioReference Wiki appears to be one of the rebanded channels, using the standard Uniden 800Mhz band plan.

However, when I download this system from the database into Freescan, the MCIShirleyPrison site does not show up as a "Motorola Custom/Reband" site type, rather a regular "Mot 800Mhz Standard" and does not use the system band plan.

So am I wrong about the need for a custom band plan for this site, or is the database incorrect, or is the Freescan software not working correctly? Thanks in advance.

wscranston

Thanks. Are you stating that based just on the site frequencies or something in the database that I'm not seeing? I do see the "Important Rebanded Note" but that's not particular to a specific site.

Status
Not open for further replies.