Uniden to offer Universal Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul34

Uniden America Corporation today announced that, later this year, they would be releasing the ultimate scanner, internally dubbed as the “Universal Scanner.” The BC401US will go on sale in the 4th quarter, and incorporates all known scanner modes, including support for all known digital and analog trunking systems, plus a patented “analysis” mode that will analyze unknown digital transmissions and self-program to follow those transmissions.

Senior VP of Scanner Development, Ivan Lirpa expressed excitement about the recent breakthroughs that make this scanner possible in a recent developers conference. “This new technology, which we have dubbed Axiomatic Process for Retro Integration and Linearization, version 1, has the potential to revolutionize not only the scanner industry, but all radio communications products.”

The first product incorporating this feature, the BC401US, will come out of the box with support for the following systems:

• * Motorola Type I and II analog
    * Motorola Astro APCO 25 (3600 baud mixed mode and 9600 baud exclusive)
    * Motorola Tetra
    * Motorola iDEN
    * MPT-1327
    * EDACS Narrow, Wide and SCAT
    * EDACS Provoice
    * LTR

In addition, the scanner will have a fully dynamic memory structure with up to 5,000 channels, CTCSS/DCS decode, voice command, voice response, intuitive backlighting, adaptive channel quality, automatic call ceiling, blackout mode, and fluidic scanning.

Look for this scanner at a Uniden retailer for Christmas. Suggested price is still being determined, but it is expected to cost less than $4,500 as of press time.
:shock:
:?
:D :D :D :D :D

entrekin

Sounds pretty cool to me! Does it include the ability to connect to the internet and program downloaded frequencies/talkgroups automatically (like info from radioreference.com)? This could be called a Frequency Obtaining Onboard Logic System. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

gatorhater

Good Grief!

:shock: Less than $4500? If that's the truth, then Uniden should not expect to sell too many of those.

hotbob62

paul34 said:
Uniden America Corporation today announced that, later this year, they would be releasing the ultimate scanner, internally dubbed as the “Universal Scanner.” The BC401US will go on sale in the 4th quarter, and incorporates all known scanner modes, including support for all known digital and analog trunking systems, plus a patented “analysis” mode that will analyze unknown digital transmissions and self-program to follow those transmissions.

Senior VP of Scanner Development, Ivan Lirpa expressed excitement about the recent breakthroughs that make this scanner possible in a recent developers conference. “This new technology, which we have dubbed Axiomatic Process for Retro Integration and Linearization, version 1, has the potential to revolutionize not only the scanner industry, but all radio communications products.”

The first product incorporating this feature, the BC401US, will come out of the box with support for the following systems:

• * Motorola Type I and II analog
    * Motorola Astro APCO 25 (3600 baud mixed mode and 9600 baud exclusive)
    * Motorola Tetra
    * Motorola iDEN
    * MPT-1327
    * EDACS Narrow, Wide and SCAT
    * EDACS Provoice
    * LTR

In addition, the scanner will have a fully dynamic memory structure with up to 5,000 channels, CTCSS/DCS decode, voice command, voice response, intuitive backlighting, adaptive channel quality, automatic call ceiling, blackout mode, and fluidic scanning.

Look for this scanner at a Uniden retailer for Christmas. Suggested price is still being determined, but it is expected to cost less than $4,500 as of press time.
:shock:
:D :D :D :D :D

LTR Multi-Net II ???????? for Waterbury, Connecticut.
Will the scanner be a smart zone scanner in which it will automatically program Police and Fire and Ambulance frequencies in the Cities and Towns you travel in ?
Hey Paul 34,
HA HA HA HA Happy April Fools Day to you also.
Bob
hotbob62@aol.com

SCPD

QRT
paul34 said:
we have dubbed Axiomatic Process for Retro Integration and Linearization, version 1

Interesting acronym ... A P R I L 1 .... oh, wait ...

:^D

Nice one paul.

-rick

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Thast has to be the best April Fools I have ever seen! Now if they actually do release one that good, I wonder how many of us would really believe it unless we saw it in action? Of course if it does LTR that would have to include MultiNET, and Passport right? And from one evil thinker to another a Hearty MUWAHAAAHAHAHAAAAA!

"Am I real? Or a dream dreaming I am dreaming, that I am real, only to discover when I wake up, that I am an evil figment of a demented Government plot to confuse you all?" -Anonymous FBI SAIC in the South.

Voyager

paul34 said:
Uniden America Corporation today announced that, later this year, they would be releasing the ultimate scanner, internally dubbed as the “Universal Scanner.” The BC401US

Well, you had me until I got to that point. Not too bad, I guess. :D

Good one, BTW!

Joe M.

firefighter51

being able to monitor motorola iDEN would be illegal correct? I dont know if anyone else said that yet

Voyager

firefighter51 said:
being able to monitor motorola iDEN would be illegal correct? I dont know if anyone else said that yet

For those of you who still don't get it:

This was an April Fools joke! :!: :p

There is no such scanner in the works. :shock: :wink:

Joe M.

firefighter51 said:

Why would it be illegal? Ain't it just another form of trunking like VSLEP/NExtel is? :?

mlevin

Unless it's encrypted it isn't illegal. But iDEN is outdated technology so no one is going to rush to make a scanner for it.

kikito

Premium Subscriber
JerryNone said:
firefighter51 said:

Why would it be illegal? Ain't it just another form of trunking like VSLEP/NExtel is? :?

That's right mlevin. It doesn't even operate on the cellular bands. The only thing about it is that it's a proprietary technology.

Boy, this could go from a joke to a serious thread. I can see the potential..... :lol: :lol: ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.