Pro-2006 / MPX Audio Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hi Scan and all,

Assuming you mean the stereo multiplex signal on FM B'cast signals the answer is no, you need the demux circuit stereo receivers have. The 19KHz pilot tone is available as is the full composite signal so you could "decode" stereo externally off the tap.

ScanDaBands

Banned
Kb2 Thank you, reason I asked is I had this for one of my 2006's and I can't for the life of me remember how it was (the 2006) modified to make it work.......I do remember on the back of the 2006 it had the same phono jack (mod) labeled MPX .

2006_MPX_1.jpg

2006_MPX_2.jpg

2006_MPX_3.jpg

2006_MPX_4.jpg

kb2vxa

Banned
Hi again,

I'm not familiar with that particular bit of equipment but it looks like an early stereo adapter that was sold before all FM receivers had the demux and second audio channel built in. The composite signal from the discriminator tap went in the MPX jack and the L & R audio went to an external amp. BTW, some top of the line FM tuners came with a composite output jack (tap) in anticipation of stereo which made it's big appearance on 1 October 1969.

ScanDaBands

Banned
kb2vxa said:
Hi again,

I'm not familiar with that particular bit of equipment but it looks like an early stereo adapter that was sold before all FM receivers had the demux and second audio channel built in. The composite signal from the discriminator tap went in the MPX jack and the L & R audio went to an external amp. BTW, some top of the line FM tuners came with a composite output jack (tap) in anticipation of stereo which made it's big appearance on 1 October 1969.

LOL I guess I never even had it hooked up, I had a M-450 decoder that kept me pretty busy with ACARS, POCSAG and all that happy hoe hoe of the day. Cheeked out scanners.....like this one.

Still have this one up in a box somewhere......

33_11.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.