Vertex VX-10 Cloning

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowlord256

Does anyone have instructions on cloning a Vertex VX-10 radio. I picked up three of these and wanted to clone a radio that my buddy already has programmed. I have a cloning cable, but need to know the propoer steps so I don't mess up my buddy's radio. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mikepdx

Here 'ya go:

Note: The radios MUST BE IDENTICAL in model and the type of keypad and I am assuming that you have the proper 4-conductor cable.

1) With both radios OFF, plug the cloning cable into each radio's Mic/Ear connector.

2) Turn on each radio in the CLONING mode by pressing the Knob button down AND the push-to-talk (PTT) switch at the same time, while pressing the Power button. Continue to hold all three switches until the display shows "* CLON *". Release the Power button then the PTT and Knob button.

3) I will refer to the radio that has the proper programming contained within it as the "Source" and the radio that will receive a copy of the "Source's" channel programming as the "Destination".

4) With both radios displaying the "* CLON *" message, press the MONITOR button on the "Destination" radio. The Monitor button is between the PTT and the Lamp buttons and has a "dash" imprinted on it. The display should change to "Saving".

5) Press the PTT switch on the "Source" radio. The display should change to "Sending" and start blinking on that radio and the "Destination" radio's display will start blinking "Saving".

6) Do NOT interrupt the cloning process! Bad things can happen (I've been told) which MAY be solved through computer programming. The
clone operation is complete when both displays return to "* CLON *".

7) Turn off the power on the "Destination" radio first, then the "Source". Sometimes I have seen that when the "Destination" radio is turned off, the "Source" radio starts the Sending process. If it does, you can still turn off the radio while it is in the sending mode.

Unplug the clone cable and check the "Destination" radio to see if it has the same channel programming as the "Source".

Status
Not open for further replies.