Wideband

Status
Not open for further replies.

frgags

I was recommended the BR330T. I am looking for something I can take to the races as well as monitor at home and if I decide to take it with me I can listen to am/fm broadcast from conventional radio. Are there any other models that anyone can recommend me or should I stick with getting the BR330T.

Thanks

frgags

Thanks for the reply. I think I might get the 330. I was interested in the sc230 but it doesn't get the fm stations I am looking for. I like the digital but for me just getting interested in monitoring - 500 bucks is just too much right now.

Thanks

blinddog50

If you can find one you had better snatch it up.

As I understand it Uniden has discontinued making them.

I've seen that the price has gone up on them at some of the distributors.

Good Luck!

frgags

Yeah. I have seen them going for 200 - 300 bucks. What do you think of the BC246T. Doesn't have the wideband. But seems like I can buy a 20 dollar radio for that. Between the BC246T and the SC230 which way do you think I should go?

Thanks for your help

Frank

Lodis

I highly recommend going with the BR330T, you will not be dissapointed. It is one of the best portables I have ever owned. Compact, solidly built and wideband trunker. I got mine new for $239.99.

blinddog50

Between the two...hmmm...I would have to chose the 246.

However in the long run...if you can afford it I would get a 330.

I have two 330's.

One I carry to work with me, and one I keep in a bug-out bag at home.

Living in the southeast you never know what kind of weather you may get hit with.

Also with the current state of the world, plus living between two nuclear power plants, you just never know.

I'm not paranoid, just prepared.

So, like I mentioned before, if you can afford it get the 330.

If communications get knocked out in your area because of a disaster, either man-made or natural at least you would have shortwave to keep you updated.

Just my thoughts, I dunno.

frgags

I am going to try and find a 330 if possible. where did u get yours for 239? Does anyone know of any reputable dealers online that might still sell them?

Lodis

frgags said:
I am going to try and find a 330 if possible. where did u get yours for 239? Does anyone know of any reputable dealers online that might still sell them?

I got my BR330T from http://xtremedeal4u.zoovy.com/product/BR330T

Considering that I purchased this from the UK and still received it within 5 days with absolutely no problems you will see why I recommend them so much.

I also purchased the BCD396T from the same site too. I bet stock of the BR330T is going down pretty quickly. Other customers have done some mini reviews on their individual purchases too.

Status
Not open for further replies.