frequency question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawk77

I was searching for frequencies in my area on RadioReference.com and have a question hopefully someone can answer. Next to the frequency box there is one called "Input" that also has a number under it. What exactly is that as I entered both the frequency number and the input number for a local entity and I get the frequency channel just fine but the "input" frequency number is all scratchy and I am unable to hear such? Is this a part of the same frequency or am I totally lost here? Thx for any info.

captclint

Mentor
You should disregard the input number. It is what the mobiles use to transmit to the repeater. If there is an input, it means that both sides of the converstion(base & mobile) are repeated on the 1st column frequency by a radio that is usually located at high location for best coverage. The input is there more for reference in case someone is doing a search and hears something on it.

scover5555

Also sometimes the mobile will have confidential traffic for the base and ask them to turn off the repeater. With the input freq programmed you can hear this traffic if the mobile is close to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.