Walmart codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueangel-eric

Feed Provider
I listen to Emporia KS walmart on MURS 5 or 154.600
I am wondering if anyone has a list of codes used? I hear "CSM". is that Cashier Service Manager? "GM Receiving" is General Merchandise Recieving. What's a "Code 100"? I hear that alot. I can't find the PL tone for their channel. I don't know if they use one. So i got on my radio to test and transmitted and said "code 100 to the trash compactor" then Randy the manager said something to GM receiving about going to the trash compactor. although the signal was weak and i could just barely make anything out that time. i can hear Walmart about 60% of the time from my apartment.

oops sorry about the double post. my DSL went off in the middle of typing my post for 30mins and just reconnected. i didn't know the post went through. mods please delete this one. thanks

Last edited:

daleduke17

CSM is (usually) Customer Service Manager. They would be the people you see standing at the podium in the middle of the main runway aisle (where you walk up to the checklanes). GM Receiving would, to me, be anything that's not food. stuff like toothpaste, fem hygiene, toys, etc.

I don't know about the "Code 100". Where I used to work (a Kroger in Illinois), we used "Code 21" to mean someone needed alcohol scanned. The ones from Wal-Mart that I can remember from being stuck in line at the layaway/service desks:

- Code Blue: medical emergency (I think)
- Code Adam: missing child
- Code Black: severe weather/tornado
- Code Red: Fire

Now, I will say you should NOT have gotten on the radio to mess with the workers. That is just wrong. I know it is an open frequency and anyone can use it, but, you should be respectful of other radio traffic.

scannerpro

I guess I will thru in my story.

Here in Central NC. Most of the Wal-Marts operate on 154.570MHz with a 67 H.Z. Tone.
Most of them come out and say what they have to say. Like We have a Code Adam(Missing Kid).

I do transmit on those bands I have an Icom Radio I have programmed with the computer and They get mad. I say yes we have a mad person at Register 5 We need a CSM to deal with him and they get mad I've done it millons of times.

I know another person who has done it for fun on his Handheld and he has had the PD Show up their cause Walmart got tired of what he had to say.

I love MURS So much cause when i'm in town I listen to the drive thru, and I've deciated a scanner just to it when I'am driving around.

pappy1

scannerpro said:
I guess I will thru in my story.

Here in Central NC. Most of the Wal-Marts operate on 154.570MHz with a 67 H.Z. Tone.
Most of them come out and say what they have to say. Like We have a Code Adam(Missing Kid).

I do transmit on those bands I have an Icom Radio I have programmed with the computer and They get mad. I say yes we have a mad person at Register 5 We need a CSM to deal with him and they get mad I've done it millons of times.

I know another person who has done it for fun on his Handheld and he has had the PD Show up their cause Walmart got tired of what he had to say.

I love MURS So much cause when i'm in town I listen to the drive thru, and I've deciated a scanner just to it when I'am driving around.

And we wonder why the systems we listen to are going with encryption… Hummmm :(

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
I agree with pappy1 as well.

But to stay on topic, I worked at Wal-Mart for a few months a long time ago. The only code that we used was "Code 50". It was for stockmen (me) and I hated to hear, "Code 50 to the front for buggies"...

"Code 100" was seldom used, but was for the general manager. CSM was Customer service manager as stated above.

scannerpro

Well One thing.

1) I do not transmit on Police/Fire or any licenced Radio Freq as the thing FCC Has them listed.
I know better than that.

CVPI4Ever

You are probably one of those guys who was messing with the Taco Bell drive-thru in a previous post.

Also, I agree with pappy1

gcgrotz

Search the VA forum for Wytheville and read what happened to that guy after he interfered with the local PD FROM WalMart. I wouldn't be doing that even if it is an unlicensed frequency.

Is that why Target gets licensed radios??

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
scannerpro said:
Well One thing.

1) I do not transmit on Police/Fire or any licenced Radio Freq as the thing FCC Has them listed.
I know better than that.

But still, what is the point? Why do people take so much joy in causing trouble for others. The Walmart people are just trying to get through a shift at a job they probably don't like that doesn't pay too well, so why make it any more difficult.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
What's so funny about the Wal-Mart where I worked is that we used Marine radios...

A recent trip back there shows that they are now doing things the legal way.

jparks29

John McClane
MURS is unlicensed, BUT, you're causing intentional interference, which IS a violation..you're only purpose is to interrupt their communication... It'd be another thing if you were out using MURS radios with some buddies and wallymart employees were saying "who's this?" , and you changed to a different frequency.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but those frequencies WERE licensed to wallymart, MURS came in and made those frequencies unlicensed, I THINK I remeber reading that existing licensed users had 'priority' over unlicensed users.

scannerpro

I'am going to sit and read the Rules Word.

However Walmart and I have to right to operate the FREQ. However not causing harmful interference.

About the PD. I'am not on the PD Freqs. That's 100% Against the Law

Contact

When I worked for a retail store, they would page a code 19, which meant that a cashier needed change.

Could be one of them.

car2back

daleduke17 said:
- Code Blue: medical emergency (I think)
- Code Adam: missing child
- Code Black: severe weather/tornado
- Code Red: Fire

You forgot code brown; as in "We have a code brown in the mens' restroom!!!"

Last edited:

blueangel-eric

Feed Provider
CVPI4Ever said:
You are probably one of those guys who was messing with the Taco Bell drive-thru in a previous post.

Also, I agree with pappy1
Hope your not referring to me. I wouldn't mess with the fast food places like that. That gives radio people a bad name. they set out to cause deliberate havoc many times at different restaurants as seen on the videos on youtube. Last thing i would want is to walk into a business with my radio to listen to and be an automatic suspect.

Eric Burris KC0LDT

ReceiverBeaver

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
wallmert codes

12: Order across the board overtime without pay

17: Capricious discrimination against all female and minority associates

27: Another round of benefit cuts

42: Your 2 minute break is over. Get back to worky or you're fired.

55: Run from and ignore customers.

57: Security alert, all customers considered suspicious and dangerous.

66: Teenage shopping cart retrievers to "accidentally" let go of carts being retrieved from parking lot and let smash into customer vehicles.

67: Employ Code 66 and engage RAMMING SPEED !!!

71: Store approaching customer capacity, close all registers except one.

10-100 Manager on 30 minute break to take a leak

10-200 Manager on 30 minute break to take a dump

10-300 Manager on 30 minute smoke break

10-400 Manager busy, do not disturb, sexually harassing junior associate in office.

Last edited:

elk2370bruce

Back on target. Code P-4 means that someone lost control over their bladder in aisle four (in our local store). Many stores have their own, unwritten, code systems. Like McDonalds, how many times do we need to monitor whether or not we want our fries supersized? High levels of suspense and anxiety are there to be overheard.

CVPI4Ever

blueangel-eric said:
Hope your not referring to me. I wouldn't mess with the fast food places like that. That gives radio people a bad name. they set out to cause deliberate havoc many times at different restaurants as seen on the videos on youtube. Last thing i would want is to walk into a business with my radio to listen to and be an automatic suspect.

Eric Burris KC0LDT
I was referring to Scannerpro and his interfereing with WalMart.

Status
Not open for further replies.