Scanner for my work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigpig73

Hello!!
I am a sound engineer, i have need to buy one scanner that it allows me to monitoring the frequencies in use in the locality in which I find myself to make mine show, I am always in tour, because in my show i use approximately 20 wireless microphones. and 5 in ear monitor wireless.
I have need one scanner with spectrum analyzer and scope function, my frequencies range is 500-900 Mhz approximately.
Thoughts that icom pcr1500 are one good solution? or you can advise a alro pc or not pc scanner?
My budget is good in order to buy pcr1500 but I want to be sure that he is a good scanner for my work.
Tank and sorry for my bad english.
Giuseppe from Palermo (Italy)

obijohn

Giuseppe; I think I understand what you are looking for. You want to be able to monitor the frequencies in advance that your wireless equipment operates on to avoid any interference.

Without buying any expensive equipment, I would think that any equipment capable of monitoring 400 to 999 Mhz should work for you.

You would be the only person who would know what frequencies your equipment transmits on, yes?

Most body microphones/hand microphones nowadays transmit on either 400 or 900 bands.

Just program in the frequencies of each piece of your equipment, and listen /monitor before the show.

There are many scanners that do this. Are you looking for specific model recommendations?

N4JNW

I would buy a small general coverage reciever. Not a scanner, a reciever. Alinco has some super small recievers that have memories, so you could program in all of your microphones frequency. Then, place a small sticker on each microphone, and label it's number, correcponding to the memory number you assigned.

When it comes time to test your equipment, just tune to the correct channel number in the reciever's memory, and check it's operation.

It would make testing and troubleshooting your equipment really easy, and fast.

Just my idea.. That's what I would probably do in your case.

Status
Not open for further replies.