Suggestions for scanning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigpig73

Hi, i have been purchaising for little time one scanner icom PCR1500 interface for notebook, i would want some suggestion on the parameter to use. I'am sound engineer, i work with wireless microphones, my range of work is 500 mhz - 850mhz with 50 mwatt of maximum power.
To make a scanning and to find free frequencies i must work in FM o WFM? and what other parameters i must consider? (squelch, filter, ecc...)
How does the carrier frequencie recognize him?
Tank and sorry for my bad english.
Giuseppe.

red616

bigpig73 said:
Hi, i have been purchaising for little time one scanner icom PCR1500 interface for notebook, i would want some suggestion on the parameter to use. I'am sound engineer, i work with wireless microphones, my range of work is 500 mhz - 850mhz with 50 mwatt of maximum power.
To make a scanning and to find free frequencies i must work in FM o WFM? and what other parameters i must consider? (squelch, filter, ecc...)
How does the carrier frequencie recognize him?
Tank and sorry for my bad english.
Giuseppe.

I guess it come's down to what you are interested in & where you are located.

You have a good radio that will let you listen to alot of different types of trans. Everything from music to your local public officials like the fire dept,police dept & so on.

Because there's so much to listen to you need to let people know what you may like to monitor.Where you are located will play a big part in your choice's.

Also...your english is fine.

SkipSanders

Silent Key
Well, your wireless mikes are probably 'fm', rather than 'WFM'. The 'WFM' setting is for FM broadcast stations, or TV audio.

You're not likely to get much information from here if you don't speak english well, since it's a very complex scanner/computer unit. Heck, we have trouble sometimes figuring out english manuals when we SPEAK english for these complex gadgets! I think you need to find someone who speaks your language who uses the scanner, or who speaks technical english well and can help you understand the manual.

Oh, unless the particular unit you bought is the non-USA model, some parts of the 800 MHz range are blocked out, where they're used by cellular phones in the USA. So, some of the 800-850 range might not work. Specifically, probably 823-849 MHz will be blocked on a US model.

Last edited:

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hi Giuseppe and all,

I just now went through this on another thread but once more won't hurt. If you want to properly receive wireless microphones on any receiver not specifically designed for them it must receive wide FM and have a detector tap ahead of the audio chain. The frequency response is the same as for wired microphones so they must receive the same considerations as any high fidelity equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.