What models have Fire Tone outs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgoodson

Feed Provider
Are there any consumer-grade scanners with fire tone out capability other than the Uniden models?

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
If you opt for commercial grade - i.e. Motorola - there are several that will "beep beep beep" when the right tone hits it.

Do any of them work with trunked systems? Someone once told me they wouldnt a few years ago, I forgot the reason why and it's possible something has changed so that it would work.

mcema699

Are you asking if the tone-out capable will do trunking, I don't own any, but I think one will.
As far as toning out over a trunked system, I believe FCC prohibits paging on 800. If I'm wrong, I know someone will correct me.
I also don't imagine you can trunk and monitor tone-outs at the same time. I think they are seperate by design
There is a sticky for the tone-out pagers here.
http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17245

Maybe an admin will move this?

Last edited:

N9JIG

Sheriff
TXFirefighter112 said:
Do any of them work with trunked systems? Someone once told me they wouldnt a few years ago, I forgot the reason why and it's possible something has changed so that it would work.

The Uniden 330/396/96/BC15 series radios that handle Fire Toneouts do not support this in any trunking mode.

While some trunked systems do have toneouts, they are often just there to make the same sounds the firefighters are used to hearing on the radio prior to calls.

AFAIK there are no rules that prohibit toneouts on any public safety freq, including 800 MHz.

Status
Not open for further replies.