What does this sound like to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The first sound sounds like SCADA data. I can't tell the format or data rate with just an audio file.

The second sounds like you have an EDACS voice channel programmed in. Some systems run a monitoring and management routine in the background that steps through the system looking for problems and sends an alarm to a system manager's terminal if something goes wrong.

Frequencies would be helpful. Other than that, I'm just guessing.

N467RX said:
Well, the second one looks like the control channel is also used for voice comm.
In-cabinet single-channel trunking? I've heard of that, but never actually heard one in use! :cool:

scannerrail

902 said:
The first sound sounds like SCADA data. I can't tell the format or data rate with just an audio file.

The second sounds like you have an EDACS voice channel programmed in. Some systems run a monitoring and management routine in the background that steps through the system looking for problems and sends an alarm to a system manager's terminal if something goes wrong.

Frequencies would be helpful. Other than that, I'm just guessing.

The 2nd link I was just happen to be scanning manually and it stopped on that about the time I got the scanner new.

I understand it's hard to just find out stuff with just a sound file.

Status
Not open for further replies.