interference when Rxing

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwile20vt

Mainly on the 450 area of bands i get interference in the background ..some freq's are worse than others . Iv tried turning off my computer , compitor anything else in the room including unplugging electronics to try and locate the source , I know it could just be something even on the same power Circ. as my radio but say if its interference from the antenna side..what filter could i try to resolve this ?

k9rzz

What does it sound like? Buzz, hiss, FM radio stations, pagers?

Getting an idea of what you're hearing as interference would help us in finding a solution for 'ya.

jwile20vt

bad with descriptions but it can be heard with the transmission and even when squ. is off,
its a constant swooshing type noise..thats prob a horrible description but kind of like a gate filter on a PA or guitar, not fm or other transmissions .

its very faint usualy in the background of trans. over anything in 450 or so band

i really thought it was computer interference but it happens with my hole room unplugged even.

again im also horrible with describing , never really had this problem. but i also have not huge towers but some ameture radio communications companies in a industrial park nearby and got the idea maybe just getting interference from any of there stuff.

i put my attn on some chan's i had problems with and going to see how it does now also

Status
Not open for further replies.