help with my kenwood TK-2212

Status
Not open for further replies.

ervey

hello im new here and my friend gave me a kenwood TK-2212. it works fine and turns on sounds great. i just cant get any signal or hear anything. it only goes up to channel 4. other than that i dont know what to do to it. i cant make it scan or i dont know how to program it. he didnt give me the manual so i cant do anything to it. anyone go any information on how to make this radio work?

pogbobo

here are the specs:

ADVANCED INDUSTRIAL DESIGN
128 CHANNELS / 128 ZONES
ADVANCED DISPLAY
ENHANCED KENWOOD AUDIO
MIL-STD DRIVEN RAIN & IP54/55
VOICE INVERSION SCRAMBLER
VOX READY
QT /DQT ,DTMF & 2-TONE SIGNALLING
SCAN
FleetSync®

http://www.prairiemobile.com/kenwood_portables_TK-2212_TK-3212.html

you are gonna need the programming cable for it, and the kenwood software ... do you know what frequencies are already programmed? I'm guessing it only goes to ch4 because there are only 4 channels programmed into it ...

prolly kenwood part KPG-22 for the cable will work since it has a two prong lapel mic jack ... I dont know what version of their software will work, they like to make a seperate piece of software for each radio lol ...

also, you could try taking it to your local radio shop, but whenever I tried that with my tk3160 they gave me a hard time about programming it without permision, even tho it was recieve only ... and I understand that 100% but its still sucks

sorry for all the edits, I hope I helped some :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.