Screen Protectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

azjerry

I haven't used those but thought I'd share what I use:
- clear packing tape. I have this on all my handhelds and GPS. I've only had to replace one so far and had no problem removing the old one.

- The fabric department at Walmart sells clear vinyl. I bought a yard for $1 or so, enough for a thousand protectors. I use this on my Palm PDA. It sticks by static charge. I didn't want to take a chance that the glue on the tape might damage the touch sensitive surface.

N4JNW

I used to use laminating stuff on mine.. I like the clear tape idea.. I'll have to try that!

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
azjerry said:
- clear packing tape. I have this on all my handhelds and GPS. I've only had to replace one so far and had no problem removing the old one.

- The fabric department at Walmart sells clear vinyl. I bought a yard for $1 or so, enough for a thousand protectors. I use this on my Palm PDA. It sticks by static charge. I didn't want to take a chance that the glue on the tape might damage the touch sensitive surface.
I like this glue-less idea. I'll check. Is it completely transparent or is there the usual "touch of cloudyness" ?

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
azjerry said:

I picked up some of this tonight, I needed such a small amount that they just gave it to me.
Although it is very clear, I do have some small bubble or bump type imperfections which don't really seem to negatively impact the viewing except from certain angles and I think I'll find the viewing acceptable as opposed to the alternative -- scratches.
I definitely like the "no glue" angle.
BTW for anyone else looking for this, for some reason I thought AZ was talking about this stuff coming in a roll kinda like tape with no glue.....he is talking about the large rolls of plastic that resemble extra long gift wrap (but clear) (in the old days we covered our school books with this stuff).

azjerry

bwhite said:
I like this glue-less idea. I'll check. Is it completely transparent or is there the usual "touch of cloudyness" ?

The stuff I have is clear, no cloudyness. And yes, it came off I big, wide roll. That's why I have so much extra. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.