What to do with it

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagicMan

I picked up a Pro-51 and I was wondering what to do with it. My area is digital, why I thought about picking up a BCD396.

Any ideas, besides throwing it away?

N4JNW

Turn it into an Aircraft or RailRoad only scanner..

Load it up with FRS/GMRS frequencies, as well as those VHF/UHF business band radios. I love to scan for those. Gives you a little insight on whats going on if you drive up to some road construction where the flaggers have walkie talkies you know?

Throw in some baby monitor frequencies and drive around on a rainy day for something to do, scanning your neighborhood..

Program it full of ham radio frequencies. During periods of severe weather, ham operators will give you loads of information on what's going on.

Maybe medical helicopters? I love scanning for those as well..

Possibilites are endless.. Just because your area is digital, don't mean EVERYTHING there is digital.. There's still loads of analog stuff that can be monitored..

trace1

Keep it...

Certainly there may be something in your area non-digital on the following frequencies:

29-54 / 108-174 / 406-512 MHz

MagicMan

Thanks for the input. THink I will drive around to see what I pick up.

Thanks,

MagicMan

If I throw it away, I'll be sure to call you and tell you what trash can it is in :).
After reading some stuff, I decided to use it for business montoring. Thanks for the ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.