label is worn off

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nec208

Anyone have problem with the label is worn off on the scanner?

And how do you fix it ?The old scanner took 7 years to worn off and the new scanner not even 2 years?

Could this be a cheap label on the keypad ? Well one is the scan and other the hold and search key.

1979lee

nec208 said:
Anyone have problem with the label is worn off on the scanner?

And how do you fix it ?The old scanner took 7 years to worn off and the new scanner not even 2 years?

Could this be a cheap label on the keypad ? Well one is the scan and other the hold and search key.

what scanner?

my rs pro-97, is two years old any the grey/silver paint ia gone on the sides
still works good , though i know , almost by touch what button iam pressing,:wink:

Last edited:

scanrrman

The bottom keys on my 97 are wearing off, too. Can you order a new key pad from Radioshack? I don't have a problem with the black wearing off the sides. Would prefer a new to throw in (I've already opened it before, no warranty now anyway).

Don_Burke

You might be able to order a new one through Radio Shack Unlimited.

It may take a while to find an associate who remembers how to use RSU.

I have been hearing that GRE parts are hard to come by, so you may be looking for keys from a trashed 97.
scanrrman said:
The bottom keys on my 97 are wearing off, too. Can you order a new key pad from Radioshack? I don't have a problem with the black wearing off the sides. Would prefer a new to throw in (I've already opened it before, no warranty now anyway).

jcecklund

Just my two cents.. my labels on my Pro-97 wore off also, I took my scanner to a local laser engraving company and had them laser engrave the keypad, never will the lettering wear off again.
Yo

scanrrman

jcecklund said:
Just my two cents.. my labels on my Pro-97 wore off also, I took my scanner to a local laser engraving company and had them laser engrave the keypad, never will the lettering wear off again.
Yo
How much did you pay?

SAR923

Go to any hobby shop and get dry transfer decals that are the right size and font. There are hundreds to choose from. Apply according to directions, put a coat of satin finish nail polish over the top of the keys, and your troubles are over.

LordJ

I had the label from the back of my pro 43 wear totally of...The only thing that was really of any use was the serial #..I engraved that to the inside of the battery door..

Status
Not open for further replies.