Whats a good conventional only scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpawel15x

My area is still mostly conventional VHF and UHF. I'm thinking of getting another scanner that only receives conventional frequencies and is non trunking. But there is not a lot of these. And I don't like the Uniden ones because the NASCAR logo is a turnoff for me. So what's a good conv. only scanner?

scansomd

BC9000XLT. It's single shortcoming: No computer programming. Other than that, I love it. I have two of them sitting here on my desk.

xpawel15x said:
My area is still mostly conventional VHF and UHF. I'm thinking of getting another scanner that only receives conventional frequencies and is non trunking. But there is not a lot of these. And I don't like the Uniden ones because the NASCAR logo is a turnoff for me. So what's a good conv. only scanner?

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
Icom IC-P7A ham radio. Covers 0.495 - 999.999 Mhz (minus cellular) AM/FM/WFM including Milair and does alpha tags. Plus it's tiny. Just my $0.02.

mcema699

I would think long and hard about buying one that didn't decode PL and DPL at the minimum.

trunker0205

I have to agree the Bc-9000XLT is a great conventional scanner with a wide frequency range..The Pro-2042 and 2006 real good too.

E-Man

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I know you said non trunking, but Im not sure how many scanners you will find that are non trunking and have alpha tags. I wouldnt consider a scanner that doesnt have alpha tags, unless you like working with lists, or just looking for a cheap scanner to park on a certain freq.

I really like the Pro-2053, it has alpha tags, easy to use programming software that is free (win93), they can be picked up cheap and IMO have the best display.

SAR923

xpawel15x said:
I'm just not into Nascar and wouldn't want to see the logo everytime I listen to the scanner.

A little rubbing alcohol and a Q-Tip will make that problem disappear - literally. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.