odd static sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibagli

On my town's trunked system there's a strange static-like noise that comes on about ever 15 minutes. Sometimes it lasts less than 30 seconds, sometimes it lasts 10 minutes or more. I finally remembered to set up a recording for it. Can anyone help identify it?

Attachments

• odd.zip
    130.5 KB · Views: 46

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Sounds kind of like a digital telemetry signal. What is the TG associated with it and does it only appear on a single TG? If so, does the TG also have voice signals on it? By any chance does this trunking system have a utility department on it?

ibagli

It almost exclusively appears on TG 9200, and there have never been voice signals. The system does have the local water, sewer, and street departments on it.

car2back

Lou's right, sounds like Moscad; we have some TGs on the Tulsa 800 system that are dedicated telemetry like that.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
ibagli said:
It almost exclusively appears on TG 9200, and there have never been voice signals. The system does have the local water, sewer, and street departments on it.
Sounds as if it may be signaling for the water/sewer department to remote water/drain locations. The simple solution is of course to lock out the offending TG.

ibagli

That's what I've been doing. I've always been curious about what it was though. Thanks, everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.