Where Can I Find.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

SopranoKing10

There was this website or something that I saw before from like the FCC that had frequencies to like mall security and drive thru's and stuff for different areas. Does anyone have the link to where I can find this site? I think It was FCC related or something.

N1GTL

Database Admin
WisconsinRailfan said:
This is what I use, not sure how up-to-date it is, but I have found everything I ever needed

http://www.arresthistory.com/fccl.asp

Hey, that's my site! Actually it is about 10 months behind (maybe more). I downloaded the FCC db files and was messing around one night and came up with that simple page. I plan on updating the database soon and hopefully doing a little more as far as search abilities go.

I also created this page for ham radio licenses:

http://www.arresthistory.com/haml.asp

That page allows a basic callsign look up BUT you can also enter just a city and state, a street name, a last name, a first name or any combination and find ham licensees. This database too is dated, maybe a year old.

I originally created them for myself just to toy around with and posted the link once before.

dangitdoug

Great info!!

I printed info for El Cajon, Ca. I have been looking for freqs for a local security company. National Public Safety. No luck in the ULS or any other private databases. I recently acquired a Pro83 with Signal Stalker. I am trying vainly to come up with time enough to park by their office and get the freqs. If you happen to come across them I wuold be grateful if you could send them to me.

Excellent work you did here!!

Doug K

N1GTL said:
Hey, that's my site! Actually it is about 10 months behind (maybe more). I downloaded the FCC db files and was messing around one night and came up with that simple page. I plan on updating the database soon and hopefully doing a little more as far as search abilities go.

I also created this page for ham radio licenses:

http://www.arresthistory.com/haml.asp

That page allows a basic callsign look up BUT you can also enter just a city and state, a street name, a last name, a first name or any combination and find ham licensees. This database too is dated, maybe a year old.

I originally created them for myself just to toy around with and posted the link once before.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hi Wisconsin and all,

I just checked that site and found it WAY incomplete but reasonably up to date. I'd say it's usable but the FCC database gives the real deal and this is not it. BTW, I looked up my town and found the portables at the local supermarket listed, they're still in use with a long expired license. (;->)

N1GTL

Database Admin
kb2vxa said:
Hi Wisconsin and all,

I just checked that site and found it WAY incomplete but reasonably up to date. I'd say it's usable but the FCC database gives the real deal and this is not it. BTW, I looked up my town and found the portables at the local supermarket listed, they're still in use with a long expired license. (;->)

Please provide more information. What is missing that you know for a FACT is licensed in a town you looked up? I am not talking about seeing the lumber yard using walkie talkies and you did not see the lumber yard listed. I am talking about supplying some data you found on the FCC site that I do not have. There are several databases that the FCC makes available for download and maybe you are looking for something I did not download. I know I did not download pagers and cellular licenses. I am going into my slow time of the year and would like to spend more time building a nice interface, increasing search capapbilities and so on but I need to know what data is missing and finding out exactly which table I need to get it from.

Status
Not open for further replies.