Please Help On 996t

Status
Not open for further replies.

kickrz

Hello. Im new at scanning and have a BC996. The problem im having here is that whenever the opp are talking im getting the ambulance and health care cutting in. I have looked through my talk groups and dont see the tg that comes up in my list?? Is there anyway for me to stop this from happening?

Thanks Alot

Brian

UFEMTFF

Feed Provider
kickrz said:
Hello. Im new at scanning and have a BC996. The problem im having here is that whenever the opp are talking im getting the ambulance and health care cutting in. I have looked through my talk groups and dont see the tg that comes up in my list?? Is there anyway for me to stop this from happening?

Thanks Alot

Brian
First off, this post would probably be better off in the location forum (probably Canada?) that you're trying to scan.

It would also help us more if you told us the location and agency you're trying to listen to.

Finally, with very limited information, I'm guessing your listening to a trunking system with it set as conventional, so you're hear all kinds of traffic. Either that or you've got the scanner set to ID Search not ID Scan.

EDIT: You said you didn't see that TG come up, so that means you probably have the system programmed correctly. I now stand by my "ID Scan/Search" answer. :p

Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Not sure from your description, but it sounds like you might be in ID SEARCH mode (in that mode, the scanner stops on all traffic, not just the channels you've programmed). To switch to ID SCAN mode (which will set the scanner to only stop on those channels you have programmed), while scanning that system, press F then press SCAN.

kickrz

Sorry Yes Im am In Canada and are listening to Bell Fleetnet - Ontario Provincial Government Zone 1. Motorola Type II SmartZone. It is in Search Mode, but when I change it over to scan I dont hear very many Police like I do in Search.

Thanks

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Well, that is the way "SEARCH" works. You'll hear everything you haven't locked out. If you only want to listen to the police, program in all of the police TGID's and put the scanner in ID SCAN mode or lock out the other TGID's as they come up.

kickrz

Ok Thats What I just did here and it is working great. Thanks very much for your help. The problem was... I was scanning 3 systems and only one was in scan. I made them all scan and it is working excellent.

Thanks again
Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.