battaries

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjcscanner

Premium Subscriber
can someone point me in the right direction for some good AA rechargeable batteries (4) /w charger? thanks, SJC.

RayK

Go here :http://www.thomasdistributing.com/
You buy cheep ,you get cheep !
The enerizer charges are noted for overheating the batteries and limiting thier lifespan.
I have used the Maha charger and thier batteries with no problems,its highly recommeded
for digital cameras.

sjcscanner

Premium Subscriber
well, i dont want to turn this into an off topic thing, but i also dont want to double post so.. does anybody have a charger they are willing to give up for a small price?

sjcscanner said:
how long do the batts in that one hold their charge?
I THINK, the batteries last around 8-10 hours in my 396. I don't really keep track of how long my batteries hold their charge..
When they don't hold charge long enough for me to notice, I just but new ones.
Also, the amount of time the batteries hold their charge will depend on the scanner you're using.

Last edited:

shaft

74596 said:
I THINK, the batteries last around 8-10 hours in my 396. I don't really keep track of how long my batteries hold their charge..
When they don't hold charge long enough for me to notice, I just but new ones.
Also, the amount of time the batteries hold their charge will depend on the scanner you're using.

I get around 15-20hrs with mine using them on the 97. Im starting to have a few fail after 50+ recharges but Im not complaining.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Battery falure after only 50 charges is a very bad thing. I'm as cheap as they come, but it is always a good idea to buy the best you can. For me, that is the Maha chargers. My dog ate my 204 (no, really, well he ate some of it) so I am going to have to get a new one. I thought of getting the fancy-pants 8AA charger, but the smaller (portable) chargers can be charged with 12V, so they are perfect for mobile, or self contained use (solar/battery backup).

Caddop22

As has been debated many times, I charge my batteries in my Pro-97 w/the yellow cradle. I use Rayovac NimH 2500Mah batteries and the amount of charge time is not known.

I say that because I am set in my ways, meaning I take the AC plug off of my scanner at around 6:00 AM and listen the scanner all day. It is plugged back in around 7:00 PM in the evening, but I still listen to it.

I do this because I like the back light on and it will KILL the batteries if I don't use the AC source.

I learned quickly that with the Pro-97, the backlight eats batteries alive.
Nothing like the Pro-95 does.

Status
Not open for further replies.